New to Board

by Harpy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    I do NOT trust the JWs, and can barely stand religion at all...

Welcome Harpy! upside/down on this one (quote above)! Especially the "can barely stand religion at all."

I'm just happy right now at the place I'm at and don't feel the particular need for ANYBODY telling me how to live my life! I just try to follow the "golden rule" and treat all people like human beings, a concept foreign to most JW's.

Cathy L.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Harpy...I am the Granny on board - Guilt -in my opinion is the most destructive force in the world.

Think about it...God gave us brains to use. The WT says we must NOT think independently-
    They tell us how to "Watch How WE walk" Watch How We Talk" etc: That is very good advice - but we are all made differantly -we are NOT made to become robots, I may not want to walk where you do, you would certainly not want to talk as I do ( mouthy)
    I think the best advice I can give you is. Pray--- If your going to read the bible DONT READ THEIRS it is twisted.... I would start in the New Testament- the old is the law- I believe Jesus fulfilled the law & set us FREE to enjoy life more abundently....I have a personal relationship- No religion--- The WORK of GOD is to believe in the one HE sent???? No not the WT> JESUS
    You will find many on here & I differ in out way of thinking- But I believe this lot is a REALLY trust worthy lot -I truly love them all. Even if they dont accept what I think - God allows us to be "HIS Children" If you have ever had kids- boy they can argue at times -I think we all agree to disagree- Nice to have you aboard . Grace

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Good to see you, welcome!!!

this is for you

alt

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

welcome harpy.....you and me both

i hope it doesnt take me ten or more years

• moanzy
    moanzy

Welcome Harpy!! Hope you meet some good friends. Everyone is great here in supporting the EXIT.

Moanzy

• kazar
    kazar

So glad you're here Harpy

Stick around and you will get plenty of support from people who you can relate to and who will give you support. (They are also some of the funniest people you will get to know)

• Harpy
    Harpy

Thanks all... Guess I am normal after all.. And I need to find that book.. I never heard of it before this week.. but from going through the posts it seems to be the one to read.

Chat back soon,

Harpy

*Have a Harpy Day*

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Harpy. There is a lot of love and concern for others on this board. I'm sure you will find this a nice place to hang out.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome to the board, please ignore the gentleman in the upper left corner of this post...he's not for you...he's for "them".

WLG

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome Harpy! I am also a newbie, about 2 weeks or so. It's very theraputic here and I love my new internet friends. It's weird because I've never been involved in any kind of chatroom or message board before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit