New to Board

by Harpy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Greetings Harpy. Youv'e found about as good a place to be as you can. Lotta folks with a lotta experience who have gone through the same thing as you. Enjoy your time, it'll be worth it.

• Golf
    Golf

Welcome Harpy. Ah, a new name to the forum, nothing like variety. Can't trust the witnesses? Hmmmmm. Gee, assuming I were a JW, you could trust me! How's that? Anyways, enjoy.

Golf

• JAVA
    JAVA

Welcome to the forum Harpy. I'm sure you'll meet many here that share similar backgrounds, and understand the "guilt" trip ex-members experience. It doesn't take long to understand how it happened, and what to do with it.

Nice seeing you (okay you've been loved-bombed, and everyone here is perfect--just like at the Kingdom Hall)!

• JW83
    JW83

Welcome Harpy - love the name & picture!

• Bas
    Bas

Hi harpy, welcome, enjoyb

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome!

I walked away disgusted and believing. I lived for 18 years with a feeling of impending doom just under the surface while I watched the Society discard important (to me) beliefs and write brief paragraphs in Awake! trying to explain away their own dishonesty. When I read Crisis Of Conscience it all fell into place.

I had to go through a real grief cycle, sometimes repeated topically. Religion worked on my psyche and I think parts were hardwired. It was all challengeable and answerable. Emerging from a delusion, reality always seems strange.

I look forward to reading your story.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Harpy

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Welcome Harpy!

• clementine
    clementine

welcome to the board Harpy, i love your avatar!!!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I am realizing it was THEM not ME... SO here I am at 33 not knowing what to believe or who to trust

Harpy

Welcome harpy.

You hit on two CRITICAL points that need to be addressed in an x-JW's recovery IMO.

1 I am realizing it was THEM not ME

1. You are not bad. There is no need to put on the "New Personality" In fact, strip any of that "New Personality" crap off and discover your TRUE personality, it is beautiful. Your True Self is Love and Light, so let yourself discover it and shine for everyone to see.

2. not knowing what to believe or who to trust

Trust your True Self, that's all you need to do. Your True Self was smart enough to never get baptized, your True Self was smart enough to find supprt groups, and your True Self is smart enough now to ask questions of other x-JW's to Heal and Grow your Soul.

I'm a 30s chick

Not familar with 30's chicks, but 20's chicks, well, I think Flappers kick ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit