What's the purpose of restrictions after reinstatement?

by truthseeker 41 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Maybe they are afraid that you will raise your hand, comment and say something stupid or inappropriate.

Or maybe they're afraid something truthful will be said, which is even worse.

Walter

• Mary
    Mary

Does anyone know why restrictions are still imposed on someone who has been reinstated?

Just to continue to remind you, what a low life piece of dog pooh you really are and how lucky you are to be allowed back in amongst the sacred cows in La-la-land . As if being disfellowshipped didn't make you feel shitty enough, they like to string it out for as long as possible. I think they get a thrill out of knowing they can control someone's life like a puppet on a string.

What is the scriptual basis for this practice?

There isn't one. But since when did that make any difference in this religion?

Why do the Society not take Jesus' illustration of the prodigal son fully.

Because that illustration doesn't fit with what they're practicing. And if you gotta pick between the bible and man-made rules, the latter will win every time.

• Frog
    Frog

there's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said! so...HERE'S TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Restrictions after reinstatement is nothing more than a way to regain mind control of the newly reinstated member.

DY - IMO, of course.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Its all about control, My first question to you is why do you still go? You stab yourself all over with many pains, Those of us here that have left, have never been happier.

The society is all about control, It will use any means necessary to control your actions, and the actions of others, if they can make a DFing as painful as possible, and the return tough, many who stay in will say[ and many of us here have heard many dubs say this] that they will do what ever it takes to not be DFed.

And in the end it works, the rank and brainwashed are controlled by the dubdom elite. It is like that old movie with rody pipper, where he finds the glasses and the whole world is in a mind numb state, when he puts on the glasses he sees the world for what it is, every thing is designed to keep you in your little rut and working for nothing.

The dubbs do this all to well, by keeping the rank and brain washed putting in as many hours as possible in service and 5 meetings a week, personal study from the propaganda, and then that leaves just enough time to go to work and make some money to give to the blood suckers, all the time telling you the rank and brain washed to not take blood and die if necessary. Nice. very nice.

Our glasses to see through the crap is sites like this. And they hate it. well screw the society, I would not even give them a reach around.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    there's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said! so...HERE'S TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

frog ...i was going to say that....so now im just going to add something so there..... how many bible examples can you think of where a repentant wrongdoer was placed on restrictions..the prodigal son is a parable so lets stick to real life examples...moses sinned striking the rock- didnt stop leading the israelites...david- never had to relinquish the kingship..peter-not removed as an apostle gets greater priveleges in a month...paul and barnabus fisticuffs in the kh- still stay as missionaries being accepted as being repentant and being allowed to continue in a situation where all can observe that without being subjected to further public humiliation affords a repentant and contrite wrongdoer a certain dignity and this can aid to recovery..spiritually and in every other respect..being denied this only ever leads to bigger problems and the enforcing of it at congregation level and the blatant disregarding of it at headquarters only serves to show it up for the mockery it is david after sinning and being spoken to strongly by nathan and then the baby dying as a punishment asked j. if he could be used to help others not to make the same mistakes he had made and j. allowed that....had they done the same with me after what i had done i would have recommended to all that they learn from my mistakes and never have to suffer what i did...because they didnt i would recommend to anyone listening that if ever you find yourself in a similar position to mine..what ever you do dont try to do the right thing..just go and never look back

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

According to the Overlords of the Kingdom Hall, Forgiveness is a matter of appeasement and your ability to prove to the Elders (Overlords) that you are willing to submit to their control and that you recognize that it goes from God to the WTB&TS to the Elders and then to the cattle before slaughter common workers of each KH.......you know, the common folk!

• Gozz
    Gozz

Bluesbrother: of course, you probably know you could obtain an electronic copy of the Elder's book; free of charge, of course. ;)

tijkmo: interesting comments; they're the type that should make a JW think some. Thank you.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

To embarass and shame a SINNER,...

african GB member

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

As elders we were taught at KM extension schools that restrictions are always to be imposed on the reinstated. That is in addition to the one year automatic restriction on pioneering. This is allegedly to make sure the person sees the seriousness of staying on the road to recovery. Actually many never return to meetings regularly after reinstatement and so never come off of restrictions. One can't help but wonder if it isn't a tactic to in effect keep them "marked" in case they weren't "truly repentant".

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit