Witness School

by loosie 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Yes, My brother and I attended a witness school in Phoenix AZ in the mid 70's. That was the only time I ever went to any kind of school, we were all home schooled. I hated the Witness school because most of the kids who were there were brats who had been kicked out of public school for bad behavior.

It was not fun because I had a teacher who didn't like girls and she would outwardly say it and show it to her female students. She would always say that girls were nothing but trouble. That we were the reason the boys got in trouble. Hey, I couldn't help it that I was 13 and wore a size 34 C cup! LOL I think that's why she was jealous, cuz I was bigger than she was :)

Ash

• loosie
    loosie

Looks like the link above is for a home school situation

" SET ASIDE USUAL HOURS FOR ACADEMICS, WHILE BEING FLEXIBLE. Often, the first year is the hardest, because some expect home schooling to be exactly like public school. This is not the case, just relax, and enjoy having your children close to you during these difficult times we are living in!"

To ashtonCA, I agree with you about the kind of kids who went there. It was either for really mis behaved kids or kids whose parents wanted them to really sheltered. I used to get beat up when I was in 4th grade by a girl in high school. man she had some issues.

• gespro
    gespro

I had no idea there was a Witness school, EVER! WOW...

I would have run away from home alot sooner if I was in their school...LOL

gespro- of the 'still traumatized class'........but recovering

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have attached a quote from the NSS website....not one mention of strong academics...what a shock!??!!

GOALS AND CONVICTIONS OF THE NEW SYSTEM SCHOOL, INC.

Parents are primarily the ones responsible for the education of their children. (Whether the children are schooled privately or publicly.)
    Education should encompass Fear of Jehovah, Respect for Authority, and Sound Bible Education.
    Education should cultivate Thinking and Reading Ability.
    Education should provide Practical Skills for adult living.
    Education should enable recipients to be Responsible Christians.
    Education should encourage Good Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual Health, and enable one to relate to people various backgrounds, interests, and beliefs.
    Education should assist one to avoid that which would have a detrimental effect on one's mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and moral health.
    New System School, Inc., while recommending social awareness, does not itself adhere to evolution, nationalism, racism, worldly philosophy, pagan festivities, or excessive competition.
  • under74
    under74

Witness School? Nope when I was a kid and a witness it was all about the homeschooling. We only met up in a group to be tested together (non-witness style) once after my first year of homeschool (it was most everyone elses 1st year as well). After that I guess nobody wanted threir kids to be tested...test scores were probably real low.

• chrissee
    chrissee

Wow! I had never heard of a 'witness school'. All the kids in the hall I grew up in all went to public schools. When I moved to Pennsylvania there was a couple of girls that were home schooled, but I never heard of the schools for JW kids.

I guess we learn something new everyday!

• Hondo
    Hondo

Any sports? Junior or senior proms? Cheerleading? Field trips? All the normal stuff... Etc.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

We had field trips and talent shows and get-togethers. Big "graduation" party

Coffee

• TheListener
    TheListener

I looked over the new system school website and don't quite get it. It looks like if you join you're just homeschooling your children. There isn't a building or anything that you send them to. It looks like you send $125 bucks in but I can't see what you get back. Perhaps a list of required textbooks? It seems really lame to me. Parents could go to the home schooling legal defense fund website themselves and get as much information without paying nss a dime.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood today (I am) but this seems like a typical JW preying on the empty pocketbook of their fellow windowwasher.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    while recommending social awareness, does not itself adhere to evolution, nationalism, racism, worldly philosophy, pagan festivities, or excessive competition

All the things that put hair on your nutz! It's emasculation through Dub indoctrination- disguised as a legit education. WOW! What a stretch.

u/d (of the non-eunich class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit