Witness School

by loosie 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Has anyone here ever gone to a witness school. You know the school JW's set up to keep their kids separate from the world. You would have the daily text every morning and of course a kingdom song had to be sung.

I'd love to hear your experiences.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had several friends who went to the witness school. I went to visit them a few times, and I was not impressed.

Sadly, one of my friends, who is highly intelligent, went for a couple of years for high school, and found out that the credits were not transferable. So he many classes he had to re-take.

If I recall correctly, all the gave everyone was a GED anyways.

It didn't seem all theocratic to me.

• loosie
    loosie

lol I don't know about GED part I got out just before junior high school. I used to come home everyday crying from being bullied. so my parents let me go to public school what a relief. But this school was in CA. I heard about one in Colorado also.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I taught at one for a couple of years. The schools in our area at the time were awful. My daughter went k-2 there in exchange for my teaching. She was ahead of her class when she went to public school in grade 3.

The school is no longer in operation. Kinda fell apart.

Coffee

• upside/down
    upside/down

When I got the "troof" in Cali that was the rage in the OC, especially with the Spanish bro's

Totally lame... just another excuse to flake off and make it look theocratic.

All the graduates are flippin burgers today.

u/d

• freedom96
    freedom96

loosie-

what area of California? The one I knew of was in San Jose. I forget the name of it, but would certainly remember if I heard the name.

• loosie
    loosie

Oh Didn't know about one in San Jose. this one was in Santa Ana (southern) CA, it was called are you ready for this ......" New World Educational Center"

It folded a few years after I left. Not enough students stuck around I guess

• DocBob
    DocBob

This one appears to still be running ---> http://www.newsystemschool.org/

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

there is one in Redwood City California. My brother went for a short time. He hated it and felt it was a waste of time. this was in the early 80's.

Josie

• loosie
    loosie

I feel sorry for those kids

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit