Please Please PLEASE post some words of encouragement to my JW friend......

by PAJA 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Cynthia.

Hello, you do not know me but I am a 'brother' although now inactive. I have no axe to grind and no ulterior motive. I did not stop serving the congregation due to any bad reason, but simply as a matter of conscience. I realised that I could no longer support the key doctrines as being truthful and in line with the personality of the heavenly father that we know and love.

Please take this moment as a watershed, to stop and examine "the truth" with a truly open mind and heart . That means to look into external sources as well as the Society's literature. We have all been where you are now and it takes courage to question the beliefs with which we are comfortable. I can only urge you to summon up that courage and then make a really informed decision that will shape the rest of your life.

BluesBrother.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Cynthia, I have no advice of my own: cruzanheart - Nina has said it already...

Branda

• kls
    kls
  • AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Cynthia, How wonderful to have a friend like yours who loves you so much. You are truly blessed. I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but am a mother of a now 20-something daughter who came here on this site to learn of their teachings. You see, my daughter was dating a very nice JW guy, we thought so much of him. But he had been taught things that just did not seem to be truly from God. I did a lot of research. What I found I shared with him; we had a beautiful experience together reading from many Bible translations, finding verses that did show us what God does want for our lives.

I can only encourage you to listen to your heart, you are an adult and can make your own decision. Read cruzanheart's posting, and read it again. It is excellent.

Peace to you and your good friend, I wish you the best.

AuntieJane

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Cynthia: Please do not listen to the manipulative "advice" from your friends and family. Take cruzanheart's advice. It is given with love and much wisdom. Other people cannot tell YOU how to FEEL. Follow YOUR heart and not the advice of people who seem to be looking out for your interests but are really just parroting untruths that they have been fed for years.

After over 4 decades as JW's, my husband and I finally had the old "light bulb" go on and decided that we would follow our own conscience and not that of other people who really didn't give a hoot for us. We broke free from JW "slavery" and are enjoying a life of freedom and making choices of our own that we can live with.

This may not help you...but the above words are given from my heart.

Big hug ...Cathy L.

• Jez
    Jez

Cynthia: If you love this man, follow your heart. Being married to a JW does not guarantee that your life will be perfect, right in God's eyes, or 'better'. I was married to a JW for 14 years. Real stand up guy in the congregation. No one knew that he was a lazy, abusive prick that beat on me in private for 16 years. (he was hitting me before we were married). I left him when he was finally arrested and thrown in jail. Later I met the most amazing man in the world. We were married and have been for 3 years now.

Let me tell you this. My "worldly" husband is more worthy of God's approval than that creepy JW man I married. He is godly, he has values and principles, he shows the utmost respect for me, he displays his love daily, he views marriage as sacred, none of his family has ever been divorced, he adores and respects his parents, he reads the bible, he is open to others opinions, he never puts others down, he does not force me to be someone I am not, he is a great lover, (had to add that), he has the patience of a saint, he works his ass off for this family. You know everything that the JWs say a husband should be? There are more hypocrites within that organization than out. My husband lives up to 'God's standards' much more than I have seen of the men in the 'truth'.

What do YOU want? This is your life and do not be so sure that God has not brought you and this "worldly" man together because he does not look at what religion you are, he examines our hearts. Your parents, friends etc that are JW will not have to live everyday knowing that you gave up the one man that you truly want. It will eat you alive every single day. They will forget, but you will not. LOVE is the identifying mark of the true religion....go and love....that is how you find God.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

If just now she thinks she can't marry you, perhaps at least she will read one book for you - how about Crisis of Conscience?

What you seem to be asking for, however, are personal positive testimonials. I found sme on other websites, perhaps freeminds.org. If you can't find these easily, if you pm me I could possibly email three or four personal stories to you.

My thoughts are with you both.

• PAJA
    PAJA

DHL-Great advice (1. Cor. 13:5 "So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.")

Here is what she texted me today about why she cant be with me unless I'm a JW, anyone have anything I can quote from the bible as my head is spinning!!!

I would really love to use more from the bible as she is being given so much by her parents and she will pretty much not listen to anything that is NOT from the bible right now shes being pressured so much.

Deuteronomy 7:3-4
    "And you must form no marriage alliance with them. Your daughter you must not give to his son, and his daughter you must not take for your son. For he will turn your son from following me, and they will certainly serve other gods; and Jehovah?s anger will indeed blaze against YOU, and he will certainly annihilate you in a hurry."

1 Kings 11:1-6
    "And King Sol´o·mon himself loved many foreign wives along with the daughter of Phar´aoh, Mo´ab·ite, Am´mon·ite, E´dom·ite, Si·do´ni·an [and] Hit´tite women, from the nations of whom Jehovah had said to the sons of Israel: ?YOU must not go in among them, and they themselves should not come in among YOU; truly they will incline YOUR heart to follow their gods.? It was to them that Sol´o·mon clung to love [them]. And he came to have seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives gradually inclined his heart. And it came about in the time of Sol´o·mon?s growing old that his wives themselves had inclined his heart to follow other gods; and his heart did not prove to be complete with Jehovah his God like the heart of David his father. And Sol´o·mon began going after Ash´to·reth the goddess of the Si·do´ni·ans and after Mil´com the disgusting thing of the Am´mon·ites. And Sol´o·mon began to do what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah, and he did not follow Jehovah fully like David his father."

2 Corinthians 6:14
    "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?"

HOW THE HECK DO I RESPOND TO THESE???????????????

• PAJA
    PAJA

I do want to find a good religion and catch up on some needed reading of the bible, I have ALLOT of faith. I do believe there really is only one God, but that God exists to each of us in our own way, and it us up to each of us to find the path that takes us to him. Its my faith in God that keeps me going and patient with this, even as hard as it is for me!

WITH THAT SAID....SHE JUST SENT ME THIS TEXT MESSAGE:

"I am sure that I want to spend my life with a true JW
    I believe it is not enough to just say I have faith.

And then she cites James 2:14-26

Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of YOU says to them: ?Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,? but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

Nevertheless, a certain one will say: ?You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works.? You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive? Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he had offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected, and the scripture was fulfilled which says: ?Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,? and he came to be called ?Jehovah?s friend.?

YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone. In the same manner was not also Ra´hab the harlot declared righteous by works, after she had received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

• Jez
    Jez

Those scriptures do not say that a Jehovahs Witness cannot marry someone that is not a Jehovahs Witness. They just like to pretend that it does. WHO is the scripture talking to? Sure as hell not you and her in the year 2005, in this country...lol. It is talking to an ancient people of an ancient time, when God's channel for Jesus to come through was being set out, when the Isrealites were still God's chosen race, when the 10 commands were still in effect (later summed up in 2), etc etc etc

They have this inability to see that the "THEM" and "US" in the bible does not mean "JWs" and "EVERYONE ELSE." The two are not interchangeable.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit