i told my mother that i do not desire to be associated with jws anymore and

by drunkenpikachu 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• drunkenpikachu
    drunkenpikachu

wowww, it's been about 8 years since i posted this thread! a long overdue update:

hmm, where do i begin? things between me and my mom fell apart pretty rapidly after my last post. she went on to harrass my gf (verbally and almost physically, i was there to stop her; gf left me shortly after...understandable...), threatened to disown me if i left the org, and then when i packed up my bags to leave on my own will, she said I couldn't unless I paid her for all the expenses and costs for raising me up as a kid (crazy talk). I picked a day where I knew she wouldn't be home and left. Haven't looked back ever since, and I am so much happier after releasing myself from the "truth". Sadly, I've had to pretty much block out all contacts from my mom for my sanity's sake. I just can't view her the same anymore. The love and respect I had for her can't really be filled after all that has happened. I still wish to make amends though after all this time. Is it worth it? It still lingers in my mind as the right thing to do. She's learned to text me by phone now so she still tries to contact me but I just don't want to talk to her. I get updates from my sister (who eventually left the org shortly after I did as well; also went through the same horrors I did when she broke the news to her) and nothing seems to have changed on her end. So I'm not sure if it's even worth it to reconcile our differences at this point. It'll just bring back all the stress that I've worked so hard to get rid of over the years. I don't know if the same folks that posted on my earlier updates are here still but, I randomly ran into this site while googling "drunkenpikachu" and was nostalgic about you guys. :) Hope all is well on this side of the internet! dp

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I still wish to make amends though after all this time. Is it worth it?'

Some parents are toxic. Its a concept that is hard for a son or daughter to even consider, forget to accept the idea. Perhaps, you could read up on the subjects of codependence and such. There is a lot of information that has come out on this kind of thing during the last 10 or 20 yrs.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you for coming back to check in. I like to hear good-news stories. It doesn't sound like your mom will change much. I suggest keeping her at arm's length for your own sanity.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dear Drunken...Wow! What an update. Eight years. I read many old posts, and so often, wonder what happened to everyone. Thank you for checking back in. It is lovely to meet you. Sorry about your mom. ((((((Hugs)))))

Just Lois

• twinkle toes
  • twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Awesome to hear from you. Glad you are well and that your sis made it out too.

tt

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

what a great update.... nice to hear back from the "old timers"

thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit