How Many Of You "Bumped" Your Field Service Hours?

by EvilForce 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Only once in a great while, mainly to make sure I got the KM. If I bumped it a couple hours one month, I went out an extra morning the next month, and didn't turn in the time... lol

I just quit going out near the end.

J

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I was quite accurate, like: 2.45 hours and the such.

I'm glad I didn't bump up the hours, due to causality.

• freedom96
    freedom96

You really didn't expect me to go out all those hours, for real, did you??

• yesidid
    yesidid

I didn't believe "counting time" was scriptural. So for twenty years before I left, I used to go out, but never put in a report.

The P O spoke to my husband about it. My husband said "What she does is between her and Jehovah".

They never even spoke to me about it. [Gutless wonders]

yesidid

• Pwned
    Pwned

i used to put the standard 8-15 hours regardless of the truth. it really bothered me when i found out my dad would/could count the time when he would talk to us or family study or whatever, i dont know why but i guess it kind of cheapened it.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Considering my father was the congregations secretary, I couldn't get away with it. I can remember adding an hour or two, saying that I had talked to people in school.... YEAH RIGHT!

• phil78
    phil78

We were never given a target to hit. I wasn't a ms or anything. I regularly put down 2-4 hours each for us, even when we hadn't been out.

• aniron
    aniron

I learnt a couple of years after becoming a JW that you could put down anything on your report and no one said a word. That was 20+ years ago.

In the congregation I was in we were told not to put down half hours, but to round them up.

Often heard the Field overseer saying to those who were had not put a report in, usually the elderly ones, "Just put a couple of hours down, sister"

Had an elderly brother who used to place 80 magazines a month and put down 10 hours service. Then it was discovered that all he did was just post the mags through doors. The hours were more like 2 - 3 a month.

When I was a Min Serv. worked with the service overseer for a while. I saw reports from brothers and sisters, that I knew, no way could they have done the hours they had put down.

Especially when we knew that a CO visit was coming up.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I did it for about 10 years. I went out ... once every couple months, but always made the national average.

Kwin

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I was an Idiot; I always did do things the hard way.

Same here ... I guess I really was "honesthearted" ... I used to save the extra minutes for the next month until I told a pioneer sister I was doing that and I thought she was going to stone me to death!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit