How Many Of You "Bumped" Your Field Service Hours?

by EvilForce 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

How many of you bumped up your field service hours so you could keep the elders off your back?

Our Congo had a 10 hour "soft" target for guys. However, if you didn't meet the 10 hours you got your "privledges" reduced or revoked.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did and still do

• Ticker
    Ticker

I was one of the honest ones I guess, I put in my pioneer hours like a good JW. Once I started to get bad suspicions toword the authenticity of the Watchtowers unconditional love, I dropped off the planet in my hours as I walked away from it altogether. I couldn't have been bothered to smudge hours to retain priveledges as I was disheartened by the whole picture of things.

Ticker

• Bryan
    Bryan

I rember I did once at the suggestion of my Elder father. He told me to...

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I don't think I ever turned in a time slip that was truthful.

• Berean
    Berean

I was an Idiot; I always did do things the hard way.

• blondie
    blondie

I always rounded up. Then I copied the examples of others as to when my time started (when I walked out the door) and when it ended (when I got home) not talking time off for breaks.

I can remember brothers and sisters counting 4 hours a month for studying with their children who never had a study with them.

I can remember being told about a grandfather that would take his young grandson walking along the beach and count all that time.

And then there were the pioneers who hand-wrote a not-a-home letter (talking an hour) then photocopying 100 copies and counting 100 hours. (I heard that one from a CO.)

Or the old ladies that would feed you cookies and tea and talk about everything but the Bible for 3 hours.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Berean you wern't an idiot you just did what you believed was right, as all of us did. We had the right desires to help people but were doomed from the start due to the flawed Watchtower system. We thought we were helping people to find biblical truth, not trying to gain more recruits to pedel magazines.

Ticker

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I was stupid and never did. I reported exactly what I did.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

As a Publisher I never bumped up my hours. As a Pioneer I lied about my hours every month. The number of magazines and books were correct, but not my hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit