How Many Of You "Bumped" Your Field Service Hours?

by EvilForce 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I was an idiot. I was honest. I might have been creative with when I started and finished, and rounded up a bit. But it was all based in reality. 15 minutes actual doortime might become an hour, as there was a half hour walk from the first door and the second.

It was only after I got online I realised not everyone took the rules as seriously, the lucky, lucky bastrads...

• jaredg
    jaredg

damn i almost forgot about this. my dad's rule was that if someone asked you "why are you so dressed up" or "what are you doing" and you could answer "i'm in field service" then you could be counting your time. so for me my time started when i left the house and stopped when i got back home. on top of that i would add an hour or two on my report at the ened of the month. i was reporting 10-15 hours a month when i was probaby getting 4 at the most. i never felt bad about it and my dad actually encouraged it.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    You felt sooo guilty you ratted yourself out.... it's amazing how much power we gave the WTBS over our lives no?

Well, there was more to it than just that. I probably wouldn't have been dumb enough even then to take the initiative to turn myself in. But this was just after the initiation of the elder arrangement, and there was a guy in the cong. who had previously been Assistant Congregation Servant but who was not appointed to any position under the new arrangement, mainly because of the harsh and unloving way he treated people. I was among many who had complained about him, resulting in his non-appointment. At the same time, I had been newly appointed as a MS and had started pioneering within the previous year. So I think he saw me as an enemy, and started following me around to check on me. Even at that, there was no way he could reasonably determined that I was missing my hours, since, as I said, I was only bumping maybe 5 hours or so a month. But he made so much noise about me with the elders that one of them approached me about it, and at that point I felt that Jehovah must have brought it about to keep his organization clean , so I confessed. If I had known then what I know now, of course, I would just have kept my mouth shut. But then again, if I had known then what I know now, they never would have seen me inside a Kingdom Hall again anyway.

• Chia
    Chia

Good story Jared! Yes, I "bumped" big time. I was a pioneer, and getting those hours in was hard so I lied all the time. Toward the end they began to catch on. One brother told me, "Umm...I lost your hours. I need you to turn in your hours for the past 6 months." I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit