How Many Of You "Bumped" Your Field Service Hours?

by EvilForce 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I had the 'privilege' of doing the sound and microphones for a while but I started feeling guilty about bumping up my FS hours. Alas i lost my privileges when my hours went down. Naturally I was devastated.

Almost everyone bumps up their hours; it's almost a rule. Even the really diligent ones who think they aren't are still recording a lot more time that what is actually spent talking to people. That billion hours a year preaching we heard about so often is largely time spent driving, walking, sitting in the car waiting for someone on a call etc etc.

It really is embarrassing to say 1 billion hours a year is spent on preaching when you consider the relatively low number of converts, many of whom are JW children.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I had a JW visitor yesterday - well, a pair/brace lol of them - 45 minutes - ONE never spoke at all. I asked the talkative one about 1914 - waffled - so I asked the other (Harpo Marx one - no offence Euphemism) ''can you explain 1914 to me?'' - he shook his head (no) - am I to believe that shaking the head constitutes 45 minutes of ''spreading the Good News''?

• Balsam
    Balsam

I never added to my hours no matter how low they were. I was always truthful, taught our sons to do the same. Think my ex-husband was always truthful about it too. Didn't even consider that some might cheat on their time slip, it just never occured to me until ............................

We met a young pioneer in our congregation that moved in. Well he would take my sons out in service and the boys were telling me that they worked a few houses then went to the mall and hung out walking around, talking to people he knew and just killing time. Then he would tell the boys that they got say 4 hrs in when actually they only had maybe 1/2 hr. That was my only brush with people lying on their time. If others were doing it I didn't know of it. I know I didn't let my boys got out with David any more after I found out what he was doing, and no I didn't turn him.

Balsam

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I was publicly reproved and removed as a MS and regular pioneer in 1973 for "bumping" my hours, because I was stupid enough to rat myself out. The irony is that I wasn't bumping by that much, I was putting in, like, 95 hours and reporting 100. After the reproof, I was always accurate in my reporting, but the way I was treated after the reproof was probably one of the earliest steps in my long journey out of the Borg.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

You felt sooo guilty you ratted yourself out.... it's amazing how much power we gave the WTBS over our lives no?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i owe so many back-hours to jehovah, i'll never be able to pay him back. i am a bad person.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Damned ol' work keeps coming up. I aint been in service for 4 months. Damn how do I still keep getting 12 hours? Hmm mystery of the universe.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I did it the hard way as well.

Since my wife and I were always out together, ... yea I did it the hard way.

As a matter of fact I would most of the time ask, ... how many hours are you putting down?

• minimus
    minimus

I used to get a lot of "time" here.

• luna2
    luna2

If I hadn't decided to leave, I think I would have developed my own policy for counting FS hours. I was sick of getting to the Hall on a Sat. morning, wasting all kinds of time meeting for service (some of these meetings took up to 45 min. to get everybody into car groups and out the door), going out actually working the territory for sometimes only a half an hour before stopping for break, taking 45 min. breaks, and then working for another half hour before stopping for the day.

It was very frustrating to have been up since 7:00, at the Hall by 9:00, not get home until 12:30, and only being able to record one hour. It wasn't like it was my decision to fart around the majority of the morning. I was seriously thinking about starting to count my time from the moment I walked into the Hall to the time we stopped, deducting half an hour for break time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit