Member Biographies

by JAVA 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Dan,

Awesome avatar, and the bio ain't bad either. Glad you're here and not there.

Hugs

Brenda

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I also enjoy reading biographies. I think its really interesting to know about a person and where there from and how long in the Penitentary, Was a person a pioneer bethelite, or reg. publisher or an elder ms. or do. po. or co. and see if any served where the need was greater.

And then the reason why a person chose to leave the Org.

And then I find I can understand better the person who is posting

So to all of you who haven't a bio, maybe you could think about it .

Orangefatcat, ....................wants to make notes.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

JAVA, I have a coffee cup story:

I was a young secretary hired to be managing secretary for a rent-a-room office with staff. The suite had just been beautifully remodeled, new furnishings etc. When I brought my favorite mug to work, the one I have had since I was 6 and my mom bought because it was the largest one she'd ever seen and it would be good for my cocoa since I loved cocoa.

Well, my boss, 6 years younger than me, said that the mug didn't fit into the decor. Ok.

The next day I brought in a different mug. This ons said "Excuse #1: I'm sorry, I'm saving myself for Tom Selleck"

When my boss finally saw that mug several days later (the mug got lot's of laughs), she said I could bring my old mug back. Well, in front of her, I pulled out my old mug, poured the coffee into it, and promptly returned "Tom" to my drawer for future reference.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    i started to go with " hot single 22 yr old, 5'8 ,110 pounds, love long walks and giving full body massages."

but then thought...........naw.. too many of the men would hurt themselves rushing to pm me lmao.

Yeah, they'd spear themselves on your protuding hip bones and ribs. Yuck.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok Java,

I'll bite, but I am partway done. I have not gotten a moment of inspiration. So I am looking at your instructions and I have the Bio in Word. So when you say to start a new thread...Do you mean for us to post the whole story there? or does it upload or something? I am a bit lost.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Goldminer -- I think you're the first goldminer I've ever met, and appreciate knowing that's the reason for your handle. A short bio is better than no bio at all, my friend. When you start hitting too many keys, folks stop reading.

Trevor -- Thanks for adding another bio to the bucket. I didn't know about your book, and will contack you to get a copy. I hate reading books on-line, so I'll be after a hard copy. So many books, so little time.

Dave -- It looks like you're the same loveable old cus as before. I'll bet the folks in Cleveland are still trying to figure you out. :-) You're right about Columbus, it's "nice." I met Molinda when she was teaching at Ohio State, and had to marry her before she moved to Dayton.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

OK fine...done. BTW, no feeding tube for me.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Sparkplug -- When you're finished writing in Word, highlight your work and hit your copy icon. When you're back on the JW Forum, press on your handle-name, which will take you to Profile. Go down to Biography, click on it, and when you see the blinking line, hit your paste icon.

As already suggested, some started their own thread (i.e., Sparkplugs's Bio) and pasted their bios there. Once that's done, you can copy and paste that link at found at the top where it reads, http://------, and folks can click on that for your bio.

Whatever works for you Sparkplug. I like seeing the bio right away instead off following a link, but I'm lazy. :-) Thanks, and I look forward to reading yours.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

WLG, sorry but you lost me after

The quest for the truth?where does reality start? Maybe by finding where the lies stop? What is a lie, is it a blatant untruth,
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well it does not really let you click...I think I put it in the wrong place...let me try again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit