You know your an Apostate when

by pleaseer2001 46 Replies latest social humour

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You get a goattee, long hair, tattoos, and have no idea what to do in a bar...but are learning quickly.
  • Mastodon
    Mastodon

...when you have a tattoo and 2 piercings? > > ...when you find yourself dressing up as a deemon for halloween?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

YOU KNOW YOUR AN APOSTATE WHEN...............................you feel a stronger bond to the people on JWD rather then the Jdubs at the kingdom hall.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

... when an Elder asked what your status is with the WTBTS and you tell him that you're what you'd call an Apostate because you don't believe the WTBTS a publishing company is truly the mouthpeice of Jah.

Yup. I'm an acknowledged apostate. But there were not two witnesses to my admission!

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

You know you're an apostate when....you write a PhD on fundamental christianity, Jehovah's Witnesses and women and you can't wait for it to be published.

• pirata
    pirata

You see a forum post with the title "Finally got CoC!" and you don't automatically assume the person lost their virginity.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

LOL I saw that too !

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

...the thought of coming to a site like this doesn't make you go into a full blown panic attack!

...you realize that by dictionary definition you are an apostate, and you're ok with it.

...when you realize that as JWs we were taught to fear and loathe apostates not because they are dangerous to our "spirituality," but because they possess what the WTBS does not want the R&F to have- knowledge. And with knowlege comes freedom.

• Mary
    Mary

You know your an Apostate when......

• You can go to the movies on a Thursday night without feeling guilty;
    • You study the Borg's literature far more than when you were still in;
    • You don't have to try and justify why you feel the need to pursue higher education;
    • You know more about blood transfusions than 99.9% of Witnesses;
    • You actually make plans for your retirement.
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"You study the Borg's literature far more than when you were still in;"

Okay, I thought that was just me. I used to just "study" my WT before the meeting, now I'm reading the entire study issue, still underlining- but now just the more absurd parts! If only I had studied the lit that hard when I was in, I might not have been stuck in so long. Maybe that's part of their evil plan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit