Is Organized Religion Something You'd Be Involved In Again?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ditto what prophecor said!

• Carmel
    Carmel

I wouldn't trade my Baha'i experiance with anything. No albatross, indeed!

carmel

• startingover
    startingover

I think it's wise advice to never say never, but in this case I feel real safe in saying...

NEVER!!!!!

• Xena
    Xena

I doubt I would ever affiliate myself with any one organized religion again. But I do enjoy experiencing other people's faith. For me religion and sprituality are very personal things.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Never.

I now consider myself a "spiritual" person, but never again "religous"

To me, the difference between a "spiritual" person and a "religous" person is similar to the sun and the moon.

True Light eminates from the sun. The moon can only hope to reflect such Light, and the moon is never the source of Light.

True Light shines forth from our hearts and is within each one of us.

All we must do is let go of our ego, becoming childlike, and take the time to listen.

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

I will NEVER be involved in an "organized religion" again....it's just not for me...I believe in God and Jesus, angels and heaven....I consider myself a Christian but don't feel I need a church to tell me what or how to believe and act to be loved by God.

~Shell

P.S. Really interesting topic...thanks for posting it

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I would never be involved in any type of religion again organized or disorganized.

I am convinced that the supernatural does not exist and truth can only be found in science.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The optomistic part of me hopes that this is all just an elaborate dream. The realistic part accepts that this might be all there is. I want to make the best of it for me and the people I know.

So, no. F**k no.

GBL

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Nope, never again.

• Undecided
    Undecided

As my screen name implies, I am undecided right now as to what life is or means. I don't think I will ever be religious again but enjoy checking in once in a while to see what is going on there. I don't think man knows very much of the universe or it's origin. I sometimes think of a God but he is a mystery to me. I see no evidence of any action from him or it.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit