Is Organized Religion Something You'd Be Involved In Again?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I hadn't noticed that

Cooool

• jazbug
    jazbug

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I do believe in a Creator but am not sure if he is active in the universe today.

Altho I do believe in synchronicity and I'm not sure who/what controls that.

I believe Jesus was a great spiritual man, one of many, but not divine, etc.

I believe that churches were originally set up as businesses and became great money makers by using fear and guilt.

Almost everything religions teach has to be based on faith. None of it can really be proven. Some people need that belief system to cope with life. And the world may be a better place because religion is what keeps some people good people.

I've decided that to love my neighbor (so to speak), live a decent life, be a good person and live for NOW is the best I can do. If there is a reward for that, great.....if not, oh well, I guess I wont' know the difference.

But in case I decide all of the above is wrong and I want to go to a church for the social aspect.....I would go to Unity or Unitarian/Universalist. Thats the great thing about not being a JW....I can think for myself and change my mind without it being the end of my world as I once knew it.

End of sermon.

• target
    target

I will never belong to organized religion again. I beleive the Bible is a fairy tail. I do believe there is some sort of intelligent energy out there and I do believe Jesus is real, just not the stuff the Bible says about him. If your study energy healing, it appears Jesus was a master manipulator of energy. Miracles. Anyone can do it, some better than others.

Target

• minimus
    minimus

Very interesting comments........I see there are number of spiritual people here that have no use for a regimented religion of any sort.Yet some seem worried about not bringing up their kids with something organized----that a religion would offer. Interesting...

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

I am such a non-believer I could be the anti-christ.

I've become a firm believer that the bible (and religion in general) has been the cause of more death and destruction than all other things combined ....

and I find it increasing difficult to keep my mouth shut around the devout. When I see someone like 50cent get on stage and thank Jesus for his success and 'bling-bling' I wanna projectile vomit like a good little anti-christ.

Is God really bestowing blessings on materialistic, misogynist homophobes? What a guy he must be.

People just need to believe that an all powerful being is looking down on them. And if that is true, that's all he's doing, watching ... like we're his HBO, and when its gets too graphic, he changes the channel.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Nanka

• minimus
    minimus

I think you meant Sanka, No?

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

No!

The truth will set you free (you can't go back, can you.......)

Good quote Blondie....

• undercover
    undercover

I'll never get involved in organized religion again.

Is there a God? I don't know for certain, but I have figured this much out; if there is an all powerful being who created all that we know, then this powerful being does not need any religion on earth to speak for him. He does not need a book to lay down his laws in. An all powerful God would let everyone know on no uncertain terms that he exists and that he is in charge and that no other being or group of beings needs to speak for him.

Since there is no all powerful being who has made his presence known then I tend to lean to the idea that "God" as we have come to know the term does not exist. There may be an afterlife, there may be a greater conscienceness, we may all attain to oneness or we may become part of the Force, but there's no way to prove it, so I'm content with living my life the way I see fit and I'll know about the hereafter when, and if, it comes.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am Burned out!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit