Memorial experiences 2005 thread

by Jez 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

Them saying free home bible study is like many websites that offer free things that always wind up with costing you money in the end . It's nothing but a marketing gimmick . You can only use their bible too. After the bible studies I've had in the past , they would have to pay me to come into my home .

• Poztate
    Poztate
    And since we are just observing the memorial, why is it absolutely necessary that EVERYONE actually touches and passes the plate and glass. Why don't they just invite any anointed to come sit on stage and partake and we can all watch.

That sounds like a great idea.The purpose for most to be at memorial is to OBSERVE not partake. How do we know who is partaking unless we are sitting next to someone as they swill the wine. Instead have them sit at a table and pour each one a glass of wine and a big hunk of bread.They would also be able to screen out those deemed unworthy of partaking that way. It would save a little time that they could use on their little infomercial at the end.

I also chuckled at the"special announcement" at the end...A hush fell over the crowd. All attention was on the speaker. What could it be??

Ten seconds later as the direction of the announcement became clear most went back to their semi comotose state.They had been fooled once again by the WTBTS (BS)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey o leological one..i woulda used funny faces and stuff if i had them but i dont...where can i get them..tijkmo of the feeling left out because i dont have funny faces and jumping stuff and stuff class

• bebu
    bebu

tijikmo,

when you hit reply, do you see in the tan box around your reply box a smiley face? Click it, and you will have a choice of smileys and stuff.

Some people have difficulty with this--seems like a firewall or OS prevents it.

bebu

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey bebu cool...thanx a bunch..funny i was going to click on that earlier today but got sidetracked...

think ive found how to box in quotes aswell...............what the hell is that sheep doing there

• Poztate
    Poztate
    think ive found how to box in quotes aswell...............what the hell is that sheep doing there

They put it in special for Gumby...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Like buttlight, I "partook" at home.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I just got this news from a friend:

The memorial begins with a song and prayer. The elder praying ends with "... in Jesus blood." (not "...in Jesus name") This was said quite clearly and no correction was made.

Then, before the bread is passed, another elder praying ends the prayer "...we thank you." with no mention of "in Jesus name" whatsoever. Again, no correction was made.

In the final blurb, just before the "free home BS" plug, the elder giving the talk makes this statement, quote:

"Now I can't prove anything I just said. We have to have faith to believe it" and proceeds to read Hebrew 11:1 "Faith is the assured..."

Wow. Sounds like this congregation has cracked. I think I'll transfer!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    I went to the memorial in Brooklyn Heights. Max Larson gave the talk. He was ill-prepared and seemed to stumble through most of the talk.

Oh man, not the Larsonite One. I saw him speak several times at the last district convention I went to. I was severely distressed by how mean he seemed, how ill-prepared he was, and at the poor content of his talk. He didn't seem like anyone that should be the president of the Watchtower Society.

Actually, now I see that he is, in fact, the perfect president of the Watchtower Society.

SNG

• Purza
    Purza
    Question about what do they do with the emblems after the Memorial?

My dad (the PO) brought the bread home one year and we ate it. I thought it was cool because we got to "try" the unleavened bread. He said it had no more significance once the memorial was over. Don't know what he did with the wine -- but he probably drank it when we went to bed.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit