Memorial experiences 2005 thread

by Jez 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jez
    Jez

Lets put all of our memorial stories/thoughts on one thread.

Mine: 45 mins. Quick and boring. Meant nothing. The speaker talked about the same ol stuff...at the end, the speaker woke everyone up with, "Oh, and we are pleased to announce..anyone that would like to have a free bible study with JWs can approach one of the attendants tonight."

Noticably less ppl there than in years past.

Funny: Hall is totally uncomfortably quiet while the wine is being passed around-old sister says right out loud, "I just always have to smell it". LOL

Jez

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I didn't go but I'd be interested to know how many here partook?.

Walter

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I partook at home, before the memorial, and decided not to go.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Just got back from it myself. I really would've rather had a prostate exam than to have listened to that garbage one more time.

45 minutes of the same old worn out talk designed to get you to "exercise" your faith more, hopscotching through the bible to more clearly define who was supposed to partake more than a revelation and appreciation for Christ's death. 15 minutes of passing crusty flat bread and cheap red wine around followed by 15 minutes of laying on the guilt and veiled threat of not being in an "approved standing" with "le sock puppet jah" by baptism in association with the irganization.

One hour our of my life to keep the wife happy for another year.

When we got home she asked "did you enjoy the memorial?"

My answer....."it was the same as all the others."

Someone in the hall did "partake" though. The contents of one of those glasses of wine was noticeably less full than it had previously been.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Just got back from it myself. I really would've rather had a prostate exam than to have listened to that garbage one more time.

ROFLMAO@ 95stormfront!

Dragonlady76

• myself
    myself

The Memorial was tonight?

• fairchild
    fairchild

I didn't get an invitation to the memorial until a few days ago, and had to take a day off from work in order to go, as I am working a late shift this week. Bought a second hand skirt and sweater this morning at a catholic church sale, washed it and wore it to the memorial tonight. I brought my own bread, which I had sprinkled with a few drops of wine at home, as I believe that everyone who puts faith in Christ should partake. I ate the bread right after the plate was passed.

109 people attended, that's about 11 less than last year. Nothing extraordinary happened.

• heathen
    heathen

That's all it is , a big fund raiser , try to get new ones to buy magazines . They totally kill the spirit of the whole thing with their mindless babble .

• Flash
    Flash

I had planned to go, then changed my mind this afternoon. I'm tired of being looked at and treated like something unclean! They can all kiss my behind!

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Good Idea:

I went to the Memorial, yay 34 in a row. I thought it probably started at 6:30 but it started at 6 so we were a bit late, missed about 20 minutes of the talking in the beginning.

It was over in a heartbeat and we left immediately. My wife looked fabulous in her skin tight black pants and red leather jacket, my daughter we dressed nicely actually, and I wore suit pants, jacket and blue dress shirt NO TIE!!!!! I think this may be the first meeting that I ever attended without a tie! (not counting the Wester Ties, aka bolos that I used to wear sometimes). Afterwards, I told my wife that I would like to go to a few more meetings now and then but I won't be wearing a tie.

bad, bad Eddie!

-Eduardo

REally though it was a hour in and out and very painless

(no jokes please)

other comments:

A few weeks ago, we were laying in bed and I mentioned to my wife that "the Memorial is coming up soon" she rolled over and said "Who died?"

----

I am predicting that the number of Anointed drops below the 8000 mark this year. Any wagers?

-Ed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit