Memorial experiences 2005 thread

by Jez 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

TheListener:

New York, I agree. This wasn't a come join our fun family outline. This was a stop sitting on the fence you stupid bastQ#%@# outline. That's why they made such an effort to invite so many. Although some here weren't invited (lucky) there was a concerted effort to get the numbers up.

At the hall I went to, the speaker went into: "now don't get overwhelmed thinking about wanting to come to ALL the meetings, but make the effort to just come to one meeting, but do it religiously - coming to that one meeting (got laughs even from me). When you take them one at a time, it's easier to get in the habit" or something along those lines. I like that better than what else I've heard so far, though I was praying my wife won't want to start going back to all the meetings again even though she's DF'd~!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My husband was a "server god" this year. When he came around with the crackers and we made eye contact we both started to giggle.

If they only knew that the person passing them the holy emblems was the biggest apostate our town as ever seen. I swear some of them would pass out.

The actual memorial talk was as usual crap. The first 5 min reflection on ransom and the rest of the talk on who should eat the crackers and drink the wine and dont forget to ask for your bible study at the end.

wanna

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Also, is it just me or does it seem like the anointed has been hovering around 8,500 for about forever!?!? Don't these old people die? Anyone have any statistics handy on what the numbers were years ago?

yes i was thinking about that too..someone did a thread on the stats recently and i noticed that the number has stayed at round 8-10 thou for 30 years....someone else said that while they were in bethel 'younger' ones (i presume not youths) were being encouraged to partake...odd-(see power of the holy spirit thread from yesterday)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

watchtower is desperately trying to keep the number of partakers down. Attendants are told to count only ones that body of elders feel are "true, authentic, annointed".

wanna

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

This is kind of off topic, but with all the comments about the free bible study pitch, they did the same thing at the end of my dad's memorial service. A large number of people where there to support me and this goon wraps up the service with a free bible study pitch that has all these people looking at me like wtf, how inappropriate is that?

• Emma
    Emma

I didn't get an invitation. Does that mean I'm a lost cause?

Emma

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

watchtower is desperately trying to keep the number of partakers down. Attendants are told to count only ones that body of elders feel are "true, authentic, annointed".

wanna

really (said in a raised quizzical fasion)......how on earth are they able to tell that

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    really (said in a raised quizzical fasion)......how on earth are they able to tell that

And that's about the only way I might be able to comprehend their reasoning~!

• Jez
    Jez

LMAO, to the comments about the 'uncomfortable' silence during the passing of the emblems. The speaker finally said something, he said, "You know, the bread is flat, therefore it was broken up and passed around, there is no significance to breaking the bread other than the fact that it is flat therefore easier to pass around."

I was like WHA????? Why even say that???? Then I started to giggle, I was like, "LOL, nice filler comment."

Still giggling...Jez

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I didn't go. I took my youngest son to a friend's house to paint Easter eggs. I forgot it was the day of the memorial until I read an email from my mom last night. She sounded stressed. She is doing the 50 hour pioneer thing this month, and my grandma (her mother-in-law) was in the hospital, now in a nursing home. She's been swamped. I wonder if she'll try to pioneer next month too.

Quote: I have some things to do before the Memorial tonight. It has been a busy

week and it isn't over with yet. I will do all day tomorrow in the

ministry.

She was also out all day Wednesday door-to-door in the pouring rain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit