The brainwashing around the "Schiavo" case...

by Brummie 138 Replies latest jw friends

Michael Schiavo has moved on with his life. He has a girlfriend and kids with the new girlfriend. I wonder why he is so intent on starving his wife to death? At this point in time, do Terry's wishes really mean that much to him? -- 144001

That's it...he's moved on. He's realized that there is no recovery and he is ready for closure. He isn't intent on starving her, he's intent on letting her pass on and not be in the miserable state she is in now. From what I understand her wishes were not to be kept alive in such a way so why blame him? -- Undercover

Undercover, The only evidence that Terri's wishes were not not be kept alive come from Michael, a person with questionable motives. His credibility is certainly something to be skeptical of. For example, Trudy Capone, who worked as a nurse at a home where Terri was treated in the early 1990s, says Michael Schiavo repeatedly told her that he and his wife had never discussed what to do if she was incapacitated. She says he was always asking, "What should I do?" Also, friends of Terri's have said that prior to the onset of her condition, Schiavo became possessive of his wife, tracking her movements and begrudging time she spent with her family. Terri had been overweight as a girl, and he reportedly rode her about her weight ? and threatened to leave her if she got fat again. Terri's parents say that Michael never intimated Terri's purported wishes until 3 years after the onset of her current condition. Let's not forget the extramarital affair, and the bastard progeny thereof. If he truly loved his wife he would have divorced her before shacking up with another broad and knocking her up several times. Michael Schiavo's veracity is very very questionable.

Why is he unwilling to transfer the responsibility for Terry to her parents via a transfer of guardianship? Is he seeking revenge on the Schindler family by starving their daughter to death? -- 144001

If he was just wanting to be shut of this whole experience that would be the easy way out. Just sign her over to her parents and wash his hands of the whole matter. And I have questioned why he doesn't do it. But according to him, her wishes were not to ever be kept alive in this type condition, so maybe he feels a responsiblity to end this the way she wanted. I don't think he's seeking revenge on her parents but her parents are definitely not thinking clearly on this situation, so between him wanting what he says Terri wanted and the parents wanting to believe she can recover they are now pitted against each other as enemies. -- Undercover

Again, there is plenty of evidence that casts doubt on Michael's credibility with respect to his allegations regarding what Terri's wishes were. Furthermore, it's pretty presumptuous to state that "her parents are definitely not thinking clearly on this situation," inasmuch as you are not privy to the same information that they are with respect to this matter. Clearly, Terri's parents love her and want to care for her. Since they want the responsibility of guardianship and they've never cheated on their daughter, maybe Michael ought to move aside and let someone who really loves Terri call the shots? On a final note, I find it very disturbing that Terri will die a death more painful than that experienced by Timothy McVeigh. Lethal injection is painless, starving and dehydrating someone to death would definitely be deemed unconstitutional as "cruel and unusual punishment." It seems rather illogical that someone who has never harmed anyone else is sentenced by our courts to a fate worse than that of a mass-murderer like McVeigh.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

What scares me the most, is that in years to come,
    the "Schiavo Case" will be used as a precedent, a
    benchmark in history, to rule against the
    helpless,the unwanted, the very old, etc. in society.
    The very ones that are leading us to believe that
    'this is what Terri wanted' are the SAME group of
    Activists that want mothers to kill their unborn
    children in the womb if the 'fetus' - notice they
    never call it a BABY! - is not wanted by the
    women.

It is a slippery slope downward in society, and it all
    begins by de-humanizing a living being.

1. An unborn BABY is called a 'fetus', 'a blob of
    tissue', etc.

2. Terri was called a 'vegetable' in the newsmedia.
    They have de-humanized her, thereby saying it's ok
    to dehydrate her to death!

3. Points one and two are really not that different,
    just a little further down that slippery slope!

• Odrade
    Odrade
    The only evidence that Terri's wishes were not not be kept alive come from Michael, a person with questionable motives. His credibility is certainly something to be skeptical of. For example, Trudy Capone, who worked as a nurse at a home where Terri was treated in the early 1990s, says Michael Schiavo repeatedly told her that he and his wife had never discussed what to do if she was incapacitated. She says he was always asking, "What should I do?" Also, friends of Terri's have said that prior to the onset of her condition, Schiavo became possessive of his wife, tracking her movements and begrudging time she spent with her family. Terri had been overweight as a girl, and he reportedly rode her about her weight ? and threatened to leave her if she got fat again. Terri's parents say that Michael never intimated Terri's purported wishes until 3 years after the onset of her current condition. Let's not forget the extramarital affair, and the bastard progeny thereof. If he truly loved his wife he would have divorced her before shacking up with another broad and knocking her up several times. Michael Schiavo's veracity is very very questionable.

This is probably the worst case of emotionalist hearsay I have seen in these threads. Rumors, rumors, rumors. They seem to be pretty effective as a smear campaign though.

• Slick Willie
    Slick Willie

This is probably the worst case of emotionalist hearsay I have seen in these threads. Rumors, rumors, rumors. They seem to be pretty effective as a smear campaign though.

Actually, Odrade, a good part of what the poster (that you replied to above) says has been entered in the court record under testimony. Go to terrisfight.org and look at all the affidavits. Trudy Capone may not be a reliable witness, but there are plenty of others who are. Michael's possessiveness is entered in the court record: he apparently kept track of the miles driven on Terri's car as a way of controlling her. Also, a radiologist testified about Terri's x-rays revealing broken and bruised bones which could have only have happened within the 12-18 months prior to her heart stopping. These have never been explained by anyone, and there is no record of her having received medical treatment for these injuries. (My sister was married to an abusive man, and this sounds suspiciously like a battered spouse situation. My parents, who were not JW's never knew a thing about the abuse; being the only member of the family who was also a JW, she confided only in me.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    radiologist testified about Terri's x-rays revealing broken and bruised bones which could have only have happened within the 12-18 months prior to her heart stopping.

Did you actually read the deposition of the radiologist who analysed these records? I have, you might find it interesting. Yet another example of the distortions of fact placed on terrisfight.org.

As to the abuse testimony, people "testify" to all sorts of things. The question is whether they are telling the truth. Perjury happens. It's up to the courts to sort out which "testimony" is credible.

Personally, I buy the $ angle. It explains why the parents had been totally supportive of Mr. Schiavo, thinking him a wonderful person and husband, even having him live in their house for several years. Then when he wouldn't hand over the settlement, he became public enemy #1 with these new allegations of abuse. That too is a matter of court record--testimony, if you will. It's also a matter of court record that Mr. Schiavo is not the only one who said she wouldn't want her life artificially sustained. The courts found that testimony more credible than her parents' that she said the opposite.

Of course, that isn't really discussed on terrisfight.org

This is probably the worst case of emotionalist hearsay I have seen in these threads. Rumors, rumors, rumors. They seem to be pretty effective as a smear campaign though. -- odrade

Odrade,

Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered in court for its truth. Clearly, my comments don't qualify as "hearsay," notwithstanding your effort to characterize them as such. Additionally, for your information, the information I posted was excerpted from ap news, a news source that is not known for spreading "rumor."

Apparently, you know more about this matter than those who are witnesses and/or parties to the case; hence your characterization of such statements as "emotionalist hearsay" and part of a "smear campaign."

Michael Schiavo, an admitted adulterer with bastard offspring, needs no smearing. His despicable efforts to starve and dehydrate his wife, whom he has been disloyal to, are the cause of his subhuman reputation.

• bisous
    bisous

a hundred and forty something:

what a ridiculous load of crap you are dishing up for all to admire. Terri Schiavo's best friend also attested to her declarations .... motive please? 20 courts have heard and examined all of the evidence in this case over the course of many years ... let me guess ... a VAST conspiracy, right? That includes the charges of abuse profferred against Michael Schiavo --- reviewed and summarily dismissed without merit? Lies, of course?

Let's see, what else? the accusation that Terri is suffering like a dog or other sub-human species .... being painfully starved by the HOSPICE where she is staying.... hmmmmm.....anyone familiar with hospice care? whose purpose is to help people die painlessly? unh hunh??

I pity the parents of Ms. Schiavo who are being used as pawns by the many right-to-life organizations and politicos to promote their personal agendas. It is too bad they aren't standing by their daughter's wishes .... and her husband whom they testified under oath to have great admiration and respect for ..... PRIOR to being left out of the monetary settlement. That's right, the same settlement that has gone to care for Ms. Schiavo these many years.

God I am sick of the tripe being tossed around regarding this case. What goes around comes around.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Let's see, what else? the accusation that Terri is suffering like a dog or other sub-human species .... being painfully starved by the HOSPICE where she is staying.... hmmmmm.....anyone familiar with hospice care? whose purpose is to help people die painlessly? unh hunh??

Would this be a hospice that has a "belief" system that says people in her condition are conscious of nothing and can therefore feel nothing? even though there is no machine available to measure consciousness or feeling? I see.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

By the way Orade and others, thank you for putting thought provoking posts here. I have learned a lot by hearing both sides. I've been forced to change some views but keep others. I've read every post since this thread started. All have been valuble.

:)

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Quote:
    "what a ridiculous load of crap you are dishing up for all to admire." -- bisous

bisous,

Why are you being so mean???

Can't you find a nicer way to express your thoughts on the subject??

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit