2034 - A Future History of Jehovah's Witnesses

by slimboyfat 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    And itโ€™s not specifically attributed to Sydlik. I donโ€™t know if i misremember the Sydlik connection, or if it was attributed to him elsewhere.

Honestly, sounds like something Swingle would say, not Sydlik. I knew both of them before they died. Swingle stayed at my home multiple times. I interacted with Sydlik many times when I was in Bethel. Sydlik was more strict than Swingle, from my perspective.

The thing is, I left the org so long ago that I'm starting to lose some of these memories. I had a good Sydlik story at one point, but can't even remember it now.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder how many ex bethel boys have been on this site over the years ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIMBOYFAT:

I also note the opinions of some people who think that if the JW religion gets a new oracle or a new act or whatever..that they will bounce back or some such thing.

I donโ€™t really believe this.. I think the trend is downward and the JW religion is gradually going the way of other American sects!

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

SLIMBOYFAT

Do you mind me asking if the thread you mention is still open regarding the witnesses splitting into branches and factions?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/86426/branch-split-watchtower-kingdom

I'd be interested to know how Eduardo is doing. Have you given up your hopes or interest in Watchtower reform? What happened to your reform website?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    millie210 - "Right now the GB is all drones and no charisma."

Don't kid yourself.

They're not that charismatic.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stan livedeath - "i wonder how many ex bethel boys have been on this site over the years?"

Probably more than there are current Bethelites. :smirk:

• LetTheTruthBeKnown
    LetTheTruthBeKnown

The Oracle (SlimBoyFat) has spoken.

Just as in the days of SlimBoyFat, so also will be the coming of the Anthony Morris III. Drinking good fine 2034 McAllister Reserve Scotch Whisky for all to bear witness to the Truth of the bottle - And then the End Will Come.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • ding dong the witch is dead...
      which old witch?
      The wicked witch.....
      and when the elders come acalling you can say:
      "You have no power here, be gone with you; before someone drops a house on you too..."

• Just read this on Slims old post. I nearly wet myself๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜นSpot on๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜น
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vidiot - "...there's no creatives or out-of-the-box-thinkers left to give WT theology and eschatology the necessary rewrite."

I'm not in the habit of quoting myself, but...

...I had to accompany my almost-90-year-old Mom to the meeting last Sunday, and the WT study pretty much doubled down on virtually every significant aspect of Fred Franz's End-Times script.

It's hardly changed a whit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit