2034 - A Future History of Jehovah's Witnesses

by slimboyfat 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hey Slimboyfat,

I think your conclusion is dead on and that there will be a major and dramatic change to the Organization/JW theology & practices at least as late as 1934 (if not sooner) but not because that date has any special prophetic meaning.

Here is my reasoning:

First, there is one remaining belief among Jehovah's Witnesses which presents a "ticking clock". This belief is current though only mentioned upon occassion. In a nutshell it has to do with the belief that many of the anointed will still be alive at the start of the Great Tribulation and through to the final war of Armageddon. This follows from the understanding of the scripture "but on behalf of the Holy Ones, those days will be cut short" which is understood to reference the time of tribulation and a cutting short of that time for the sake of the anointed.

Thus JWs have created a ticking biological time bomb because JWs coincidingly believe that the 144,000 anointed class was for all intents and purposes "sealed" in 1935, that date evidenced by the focus of the preaching work turning to the ingathering of the Great Crowd. Except for the "limited provision" of some of the anointed who "fall away" being "replaced" the current number of anointed is pretty much it.

If most of those were "sealed" by 1935 then they are today over 70 years old (much older of course since they couldn't just be babies in 1935.

As we all know there are about 8000 anointed presently (in fact I would not be surprised if that number fell UNDER 8000 at this Memorial count).

Anyone can do the math from the above and easily understand that either JWs are right and there is less than 20 or so years left or, more probably, this whole belief system is in error and these two beliefs above will have to be discarded. That is the first point.

The second point, which follows in part from the first is that so long as the belief that the "anointed" are not being replaced, it is only a matter of time before ALL of the anointed (aside from those few "young" replacements) are ALL DEAD due to old age. Thus at some point, no later than 30 years hence, JWs will have to face that fact and change the theology that the anointed/Faithful and Discreet Slave/Governing Body are "leading" the visible organization while physically on earth. There is no way around it, except to 1) change the whole belief or 2) The Great Tribulation/Armageddon does in fact begin and Jehovah's Witnesses are right. Place your bets.

The third point is one of more general nature. For the first time in its history (as you note correctly) JWs do not have a specific date or even a time period to which they can hope to be the start of the GT/Armageddon. This has been the case for the past 10 years, since 1995, when the Generation Doctrine was dropped and its psychological effects upon the Witness community has been profound.

Simply put, JWs are in a slide towards reaching a critical mass where their entire present belief system as officially espoused will be in diametric opposition to both their observed reality and the impulses of their internal psyches. This has already started and it is the reason for the falling off of meeting attendence and lack of turnover in JW generational families with third sometimes even second generation JWs rejecting the church/religion.

Adding to this is the INTERNET which is serving as a catalyst for this change by providing the free flow of information and the possibility of social exchange with fellow Witnesses that also harbor doubts and desire for change from the old model.

I believe that these changes, this Revolution, will occur much sooner than 1934. Interestingly, I did a little bit of research and have discovered several independent but correlating indications that 2012 may be a year of special significance. (I won't get into that on this thread.) But, it would not be surprising to me if these other indications were also tied to this dramatic anticipated change among Jehovah's Witnesses and that the things that I am speaking about happen by or at that time.

-Eduardo

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Only one problem with your first point, Eduardo... the clock stopped ticking a long time ago. The number of "anointed" has been around 8,000... for the last 20 years. Is this logical? According to WT belief, as you pointed out, these ones should all be in their 70's, at least, even if we have a few replacements.

At worst they will receive new light, that the end will come after all the anointed have died and been resurrected. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch, I think at one time they actually did teach this.

At any rate, its very plain that the r&f witness was never that good at math in the first place.

No Apologies

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hey No Apologies:

What I mean by the clock ticking is the full-class running out/dying off slowly due to old age, whatever so it is only a matter of time before the whole class dies off. The class was supposedly sealed in 1935. I have watched the number of anointed drop slowly for the last couple of decades. It has held pretty much at just over 8000 for a little while now. But this won't be a gradual thing since presumably the people are close in generation. Thus there will be a huge drop in numbers at some point and it will be fairly dramatic, probably in "starts and stops" One year a loss of a 1000, another only 20, another 400, etc.

I am betting that it does fall under 8000 for the Memorial this year but this is just a hunch about how many have died since last year.

-Eduardo

• franklin J
    franklin J

....ding dong the witch is dead...

which old witch?

The wicked witch.....

and when the elders come acalling you can say:

"You have no power here, be gone with you; before someone drops a house on you too..."

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

2012 - A major disagrements will causes a sharp division between the senior members of the GB and the newer members. The case will eventually go to court where the judge will divy's up the primary financial assets between the two groups.

2013 - The New governing body (NGB)starts a modified jehovah's witness church (Same basic structure and beleif system. More mainstream policies and practices though). They start undermining the old order by exposing the past lies, falsehoods, and scandals en massses using extenive media advertisement that no JW can miss.

2014 - The JW's starts a massive and unprecidented apostate witch hunt; however this works against them when the ex-members join the NGB's church (a church which doesn't beleive in disfellowshipping) and discover all of the OGB's falsehoods.

2015- Under extreme public pressure the OGB finally confesses to some of their errors in a new book entitled "The light gets brighter, a history of Jehovah's True people" This book study book confesses and tries to explain the mistakes and scandals of long dead Governing Body members but very little on more current follies. It particularly attacks Rutherford. This sanitized history receives mixed results

2020 - The last surviving member of the original 144,000 dies. The world doesn't end and so a new light is revealed that a new 144,000 would be chosen from amongst the remnant's children. Again, this causes people to leave the OGB in droves. There is now less than 3 million active Jehovah's Witnesses left with more than 1/3 of them in Latin America. (They don't have the resources to print in quite so many languages any more.) The NGB church now has around 50,000 members, almost all of them in the US.

2025 - In an surprise annoucement, a young famous sexy Spanish singer/actor becomes a Jehovah's Witness siding with the OGB. Sensing opportunity the actor is fast tracked to elder and becomes a national spokesman for the Jehovah's Witnesses. Bending their rules the OGB help the Spanish actor start a televangelist ministry. They also sanction him to cut an album of Kingdom songs both self written and traditional. This attracts many new young converts.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

These people and their followers are so hell bent on the idea that they possess a type of superior 'goodness', it is nothing that they force themselves in the mental gymnastics necesssary to maintain the ruse - with or without the knowledge that it is farce.

The history needs no date - it is already written in their will - it is only their solace that seeks for new dates.

• Pwned
    Pwned

maybe they will look to 2012, according to the mayans somethign big is supposed to happen that year, and so far their calendar ahsnt been wrong, i'm sure i can find a link but i'm supposed to be studying for a test.

• Badger
    Badger
    In an surprise annoucement, a young famous sexy Spanish singer/actor becomes a Jehovah's Witness siding with the OGB.

Hell, I'd go back to meetings if I could hook up with Venus Williams...

• Pwned
    Pwned

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mayan+calendar+2012

this is a google of mayan calendar 2012, cool links

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Nah it won't be 2012 where the crowd will start to really notice that the emperor is not wearing any clothes, it will be 2015. If the 'end' is not here by 2014 a goodly number of dubs will start thinking "Hang on...it's 100 years since Christ started 'reigning' and yet the politicians & Satan still rule the world (Jesus must be co-ruling the world with Satan, go figure)...what the feck! Something smells way fishy here! Feck this I'm outta here!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit