Ten killed in US school shooting

by Simon 82 Replies latest social current

• avishai
    avishai
    Morn for the loss and try and educate yourself to become a better person with understanding. This is a lesson that should never have happened. Think of what truly matters. And not your prejudice selfless mindless thoughts on who to blame.

bingo.

Fricken tired of the nationalism.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    there aren't a lot of other methods to effectively kill ten people - just try knifing your entire school. It doesn't work very well.

sheesh, tell me about it.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    You don't believe the bbc?

i seem to remember this came up in an old thread. what was it about now? hmmmm.....

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Talking to People like you is like banging ones Head against a brick wall!You will respond with facts ,figures etc until eventually it is impossible to even remember what it was we were talking about

FreeWilly stated that the crime rate in the US has been falling in the last 20 years, whereas the UK's has skyrocketed. You stated that was "utterly ridiculous." Heaven forbid someone would actually bring facts and figures to a debate instead of rhetoric and sound bites. As far as your ability to concentrate on the topic at hand in the presence of facts and figures, I can't help you there.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    i think it's interesting that this has turned into an "OUR country is much safer than YOUR country..." thread.

Yeah, I was waiting to see when Simon was going to turn this into another "your country sucks" thread. Funny thing is, Simon is dying to move to Canada and I can't think of another country that more closely resembles the U.S.

• bem
    bem

The issue of the crime not getting as much media attention crossed my mind. but being * native american myself I imagined it being treated as an ethnic tragedy. instead of a problem, as has been mentioned with the issue, of what can be done to help the children and educate parents, educate all of us. Seems if more folks actively took care of children instead of allowing "electronic" or "media" babysitters to do it we would not see as many problems as we do now.

The similarites to a shooting spree in the Choctaw Nation, were very chilling. This young man was also living with Grand-parents & shot them to death first. only he will be in prison the rest of his life.

I notice that few of the children and young people are encouraged "to do more with there life" from home. but the Choctaw Chief and the tribal council here have taken an active part in encouraging them, for the parents. Do I think it's other peoples responsibility to tell someone else's children what to do? For my part yes! every chance we get, teachers do it everyday. everyone actively taking part in a childs life to help him better himself. I see it everyday in my line of work. it takes more than just telling a kid he can be anything he wants to be he has to be shown and mentored to learn what to do, to be anything he wants to be.

*(although we do not live on a reservation in Oklahoma ie: we do not have that stygma so many Native Americans deal with. We are considered in Indian territory)

• bem
    bem

OH yes! I appreciated this comment as well. Brooke

Morn for the loss and try and educate yourself to become a better person with understanding. This is a lesson that should never have happened. Think of what truly matters. And not your prejudice selfless mindless thoughts on who to blame.

bingo.

Fricken tired of the nationalism.

• avishai
    avishai
    there aren't a lot of other methods to effectively kill ten people - just try knifing your entire school. It doesn't work very well.
    sheesh, tell me about it.

What about the twin towers? They just used box cutters. Oh, you want to talk about kids. Hmm, really? How about a body count of eight?

• Simon
    Simon
    the crime rate in the US has been falling in the last 20 years, whereas the UK's has skyrocketed.

A superficial reading could lead one to conclude that the crime rate in the OK is higher. While ours has gone up and your has come down (really?) you have to qualify this from the relative starting points. It doesn't mean that the UK is now higher than the US.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Funny thing is, Simon is dying to move to Canada and I can't think of another country that more closely resembles the U.S.

Have you ever been to Canada?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit