If the WT were to "reform" would you stay or go back?

by confusedjw 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

And what about manditory field service?

Kwin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

There is absolutely nothing that the WTS could possibly DO to even tempt me in the least to go back.

One or two meetings a week.

Whatever they would be teaching at these meetings would still have to reflect their beliefs, which would have to be "different" from any other religion wouldn't it? Also, there is no way that I would want to restore all the phoney friendships and ever feel comfortable there.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I guess this would mean that they would be just 'another church' that would now allow diversity of thought, disagreement [friendly I assume] with some doctrine, and considerably more true freedom to worship as one sees the Bible's direction. These would all be positives. And then the 'wheat among the weeds' would maybe be understood to mean that there were good and bad mixed and Christ would judge ?

I assume then it would mean that 'the truth' was really what the Bible says is truth - vested in Christ and revealed by spirit?

That would be something indeed. I might go back on occasion under those conditions just for the fellowship with believers that I chose to fellowship with. With the pain I have endured under the current system in place - that is hard to state - but being honest here. I became a witness due to thinking they were a good Christian people - those reforms might make them that.

Interesting question.

Jeff

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The hope of more and more reform as time passes makes me feel at ease with the thought with staying for a long haul.

DY

• mjl
    mjl

Isn't "new light" reform?

• jeanniebeanz
  • sweet tee
    sweet tee

I agree with a lot of the other posts for reasons NOT to return:

No more organized religion for me

No more meeting "MEN'S" standards for living (and pleasing God)

No more "fake" friends

No more MEETINGS, no more FIELD SERVITIDE

No more NONSENSE

No more B***S***

I'm gone for good

AHHH .... Sweet Freedom

Sweet Tee

• AlanF
    AlanF

Even if I were a Christian, I wouldn't touch the JWs again. They've done too many bad things to too many people. Even the Bible says, "that which is crooked cannot be made straight".

You left out the most important reform of all: They need to admit that JW leaders don't speak for God.

AlanF

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

If they made all those reforms, there would be no significance in the religion itself. It becomes pretty much a social club. What's the point?

Let's meet for the sake of meeting?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

ummmmm........no. Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fool me once, shame on you....Fool me twice, shame on me!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit