If the WT were to "reform" would you stay or go back?

by confusedjw 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

This thought has sprung from recent threads and speculation over the new book

I know many who post here are still active JW's or ones who were DF'd, but may have not totally left the belief system. Many have trouble with the methods and policies of the WT concerning DFing, restrictions, blood, local elders etc. Some have left completely and not found all that they want. AND many many have left and are completely content. But...

If the WT were to reform, as in these areas. Would you go back?

Blood is okay.

DFing was rare and not so rigid and formal

Local Elders aren't Gods.

It wasn't a sin to be able to speak out/up.

1914 was gone.

Preaching was a conscience matter

One or two meetings a week.

Admission of past false prophesies.

Would that prompt you to stay or even return? (please don't mention that the WT won't reform - this is "What if?" - thanks)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Nope but I might sue :P

Na but I will never join another organized religion.

• blondie
    blondie

no

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

If the WT were to reform, it would be what?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

NO!

Dragonlady76

• Ticker
    Ticker

No. Wouldn't really want to be part of a regurgatated religion. Even if they put on a new mask its still the same ugly face underneath, its just been covered up.

Ticker

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    1914 was gone.

Without 1914 and 1919 their reason to exist is gone.

But no matter what they might reform, I would never willingly associate with them. Organization aside, even the individual JWs are the most abusive people I've ever met.

Walter

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Nope, no way I would go back, even if the above doctrines were changed because; 1. My loathing for the whole bunch is way too deep, and 2. Even if that wasn't the case there are still quite a few doctrines that I would disagree with and would still keep me from embracing JW faith.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Never...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Would I still have to wear a tie and shave?

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit