If the WT were to "reform" would you stay or go back?

by confusedjw 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie

what share in my life do a group of old croakers (who think they are gods chosen) have? Even if they reformed they are nothing but men who have the same amount of authority as I do.

I cant see any purpose for ever going back, I'm reformed enough without their help.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yep............just for the occasional sunday meeting; I believe in fellowship with other believers. BUT>........my idea of reform includes allowing all manner of discussion of beliefs; the reformed WT for me would be more closely resemble Unitarian fellowships; fellowship in the name of Jesus and that is it. No sanctions. No preaching. NO NO NO disfellowshipping. And the MEA CULPA must be real, and all inclusive, especially about prophecy. PISTOFF

• eljefe
    eljefe

Removing that stuff makes JW's more like a mainstream religion. At that point why bother joining a cult with a freakish past and join a mainstream religion with a freakish past.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

The JWs are always in a state of reform. They are always searching for a way to keep their critics silent and maintain their need for absolutes. Their control is so powerful, they turn intelligent, good people into control freaks like themselves.

I have met some outstanding people in the organization who can dissect the scriptures like nobody's business, but their loyalty is foremost to the organization and not Jesus example or Jehovah's. The organization wants to announce Jehovah's Kingdom but spends more time defending their corrupt thinking.

I was thinking of a scripture in Luke 9:49. "Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because HE IS NOT FOLLOWING WITH US." But Jesus said to him: "Do not YOU men try to prevent him, for he that is not against YOU is for YOU."

I don't support the organization anymore. I am only their enemy because that is the way THEY choose to see me.

John 6:68. Who is it that has sayings of everlasting life? Jesus or the organization?

• PinTail
    PinTail

Hell no I would never go back. A tiger dose not change its stripes not matter if you dress himup.

Shane

• cypher50
    cypher50

No, since leaving I have had peace in being able to admit that I might not have all the answers about how this universe was made & where it is going. I feel sadness in that the way my life as a JW ended also purged from me the ability to look at any religion without cynical eyes....

• Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit