Is the Society's message to JW's getting stronger?

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Awesome post. I'm glad I got out when I did. I don't think they will come knocking on my door again. They know I hate them.

Dustin

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    the Society were asking us, in the brochure - how pointed and direct they are, even asking you to rank your physical and spiritual activities on a scale of 1 to 10.

oh...my...god....

It was exactly this sort of ridiculous (and endless!) badgering that drove me fucking crazy my last few years in the cult. Looks like it's only getting worse.

• Golf
    Golf

I repeat, "Desperate people do desperate things."

Golf

• garybuss
    garybuss

A list of the American Offshoots of the Watchtower Society is found in
    Jehovah's Witnesses: A Comprehensive and Selectively Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Religious Studies) by Jerry Bergman

amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0313305102/qid=1111457463/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-8417230-7912927?v=glance&s=books

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

incredible post - only just read it

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

They have more than dfing for a weapon, they have control, you can not inject opinions to the society, they will bounce off like a ball off a brick wall, the only thinking comes from the top and they are the only ones allowed to think, remember "how presumptuous for the pot to tell the potter how to mold it"

It is 1984 Orwellian to the core, think for yourself and you are the enemy,you with the independent attitude will die at the big H or A.

You can not make your own way through the world to god, you need us. we are the only ones, don't be deceived.

I am so happy to be an agnostic, I live my life and god does not play a part in my myth system, If I want mythology I turn on the history channel and watch ancient Egypt and Rome.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Someone wondered whether 'civil war' will erupt between the 'hard-liners' and the 'liberals' on the GB.

In a sense, there's been on-off 'civil war' between the two factions for the last 25 years (ever since the 'Ray Franz incident'), in a cold-war kinda way.

It's never (yet) broken out into a 'hot' war, but the frequent contradictions between articles in The Watchtower and Our Kingdom Ministry are clear evidence of 'guerilla-type skirmishes' between the two sides.

It is a conflict that can only be won by the TJ faction, as they have the majority vote (even if not-yet-the magic 2/3 majority) on the GB and all future replacements (irrespective of from wherever they may be dredged up!) will have to be acceptable to their 'camp' to get their vote. Any future 'liberal' nominations will be vetoed. So TJ's group can only get stronger and will one day achieve their 2/3 majority

Will there ever be a group splitting off to form a new 'religion'? Highly unlikely, probably. Back in Rutherford's days, the organisation was insignificant and it was no big deal to walk away from it. Nowadays it's a multi-billion-dollar, multi-national organisation. That gives the organisation's officers a lot of power and influence with governments, health authorities, aid agencies and UN affiliates.

Neither faction would willingly walk away from all that money and influence, though once he gets his 2/3 majority, it's possible TJ may force the issue and try to expel any he deems too 'soft.' (Interestingly, this hardening of attitudes neatly parallels general trends in the USA.)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    (Interestingly, this hardening of attitudes neatly parallels general trends in the USA.)

yep, I think Teddy has been reading Justice Antonin Scalia's book How To Be a Crusty Conservative Asshole

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Dustin,I thought the same thing,and last sunday,there they where.

great thread bye the way

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    The Society is facing a war on two fronts - those who want reform and those who want things to stay the way they are.

I wonder if the ones that want reform will have more of a voice on the GB when the old guard passes away...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit