Is the Society's message to JW's getting stronger?

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

truthseeker,

Doomy gloomy, but you have a point there.

And the litmus test for obedience for fanatical JW's, is those who are willing to terminate friendships with those who have doubts, and turn them in.

I've experienced this recently. A few people told me I'm now a threat to their spirituality, because I no longer share their beliefs. LOL. Fortunately they're not not my family, so I couldn't care less.

Think about the faithful and discreet slave for a moment - how many of the 6 million dubs have met even one of them? Most don't even know the names of any of the GB. Yet, they are expected to pledge their idolatrous allegiance to "the channel that Jehovah is using."

You're right. I sometimes ask my still-dub friends if they'd give $1000 to a bank they've never seen or heard of with the word of a salesman as the only guarantee of making huge profits in a few year's time. They wouldn't give a penny without making sure it's not a scam. On the other hand they have no problems with giving up their lives, their money and their families to the whimsical doctrines of a few old hypocrites in Brooklyn just because they're promised an eternal life. Oh yeah the mystical unicornish board of directors almost paid them a dividend in 1914, 1925, 1975 and before the generation of 1914 passed away. just wait a few more years and the profits will come. Go figure.

prophecor,

Nearly every other religious institution, to some degree, is there as a result of being split or seperated, be that by force, or by choice.

That's right. Isn't it natural for religions to split up? I think the total failure of the FDS doctrine (once the annointed oldtimers pass away) may ignite a split-up process or ar least a major reform in the org.

Pole

• mjl
    mjl

Thier message is getting stronger. I know this kind of talk keep's the hard core one's happy. My mom, for example, feeds on it. She figures the "end" must be near based on the strength of the message. She must have forgotten about 1975. But I think WTBTS has learned it's lesson and stopped mentioning any specific dates.

MJL

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I think WTBTS has learned it's lesson and stopped mentioning any specific dates.

Huh? What about 1914?????

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Great post.......Very well thought out. Thanks

• Room 215
    Room 215

``The Society is facing a war on two fronts - those who want reform and those who want things to stay the way they are.'' -- so true, the former are the masses of local disaffected dubs and the latter are those in power -- it would seem inevitable that this tug-of-war will crack open an irreparable fissure in the organization, the stress lines intensifying as the clock ticks down toward the Centenary of the ``Kingdom's birth."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That'll be an interesting year, eh, Roomie?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The devotion the die hard dubs are giving the Society has gone over the border of fanatical - it's frightening to just speculate on how far a dub would go to prove his loyalty to "Jehovah's Organization"
    Who knows... maybe the Governing Body will have them stone a few christians to death 'in the name of Joe Hoba'.

• mjl
    mjl

The use of 1914 is almost brilliant. Jesus? invisible presence, prove he?s not here. Their proof is fudging some numbers, how do we prove it didn?t happen, he?s invisible?

• Shania
    Shania

What we have to keep in mind is the Society is being run by lawyers. The FDS is so out of touch with the real world that they would have had their pants sued off them by now if not for the holy lawyers of the almighty tower. So with that in mind it is just a matter of time before the whole house of cards falls eventually and as Reverlations says" we will all look in amaziment" It is not a faith anymore it is a buisness were the rich get richer and the poor stay poor all under the guise of love of God.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Excelent thread!

As such a control group, though, I find it hard to imagine a split. I see it more as a major falling out.

IMHO...

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit