Is the Society's message to JW's getting stronger?

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The organizations that the WTS attributes itself to have undergone major splits in the past. The WTS is not the religion of Russell, The Bible Students. The Bible Students actually continue to exist to this day. When you think about it, technically the Jehover's Witnesses are a sect of The Bible Students.

If there is a fracture in the WTS, a few new religions will emerge and the ones loyal of each organization will declare that their religion is the one and only true religion.

There will never come a time when the organization will fracture to the point that nothing is left and leaving only the individual people to wake up and wonder off to their own destiny.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Good point Elsewhere, I forgot about the split.

The way the JW corporations are formed, there exists very little chance for a split. One corp owns the printery, the other owns the copyrights, still another owns the real estate.

Can't have one without the other.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I wonder if this will ever cause a "civil war" or an actual split, of course the ones who split would be df'd and no JW would go with them.... so I guess that a split wouldn't happen.

Nearly every other religious institution, to some degree, is there as a result of being split or seperated, be that by force, or by choice.

I'm in the precarious position, however, of never being able to trust any man run religious institution, and am willing to suffer the consequences of that decision, if God finds me faulty!, be that the Kingdom Hall, World Wide Church of God, Lutherans, Catholics or whoever.

I've major problems with religion, I prefer a life of addressing my spiritual needs, however, not from the inside of a church, mosque, Kingdom Hall or any other man run religion.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The way the JW corporations are formed, there exists very little chance for a split. One corp owns the printery, the other owns the copyrights, still another owns the real estate.

Damn, you're right... maybe this organization's only possible fate is one where it slowly rots to the core until nothing is left.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Althought this is unrelated to the topic in nature, and I have used up my two threads per day, I feel that the info given me today would be pertinent to the discussion.

I was talking to an elder about the downsizing the Society is undergoing. He told me himself, that the reason the Awake is being cut back, is because they have nothing more to write about.

He then told me that an outside company is now manufacturing and producing all the Society's tapes and CD's.

Of course, we're not told who's actually making what. All part of the secrecy of the cult - after all, they don't want anyone to think that outsourcing is not a sign of Jehovah's blessing.

When I last visited Bethel, I saw the CD recorders and tape decks myself - I thought they still made them, obviously what I was told today makes me wonder if Bethel is nothing more than a real estate corp than a printing one, if they are outsourcing.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Elsewhere! That was my exit song too man! Thats 'bout the saddest song there ever was.

:do we as non JW have hope

You know all I can say to this is that we have the hope that we have really lived, and have been honest about it. Who knows what is out there really. This could all be just an elaborate dream.

GBL

• checkmate1996
    checkmate1996

Heck yeah there is hope. Tons of it! There is a lot more to life than guilt and fear.

• Bas
    Bas

Welcome aboard checkmate!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

change is in the air! Can we hope for "new light?"

• prophecor
    prophecor

change is in the air! Can we hope for "new light?"
    One can only hope Mamochan, the evidence of the past, however, would leave me feeling less than hopeful, in fact, I think the situation can only get worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit