Is the Society's message to JW's getting stronger?

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    And the litmus test for obedience for fanatical JW's, is those who are willing to terminate friendships with those who have doubts, and turn them in.

This happened to a friend of mine a few months ago. Her son found out that they were celebrating Christmas, so he, in all his self-righteousness, turned them over to the Gestapo Elders. They were sent to the gas chambers called to a Judicial Committee--they said "screw you, were not showing up", so they were executed disfellowshipped. A talk was given the next week that ended with: "Heil Hitler" "..Let's Keep the Congregation Clean..."

• TheListener
    TheListener

Great posts.

I hope my family ends up in the liberal dub religion.

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, their message is getting weaker and weaker - but they're reduced to nagging the friends more.

Compare the watered down, platitude laden, plastic smile festooned, weak kneed mess that the Watchtower has become.

They need to be careful about offending nearly everybody ( yes, even gays!) for fear of being accused of 'hate speech' or intolerance.

One older sister said that the 'organization has gotten so -touchy-feely that the Judge must be spinning in his grave'.

On the other hand, they are left with n-a-g-g-i-n-g. Like a shampoo bottle instructions, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, repeat

repeat.................

Sure, they're trying to circle the wagons and pull back the reins but it isn't working. Even if they seem to be getting

compliance, it's largely just hypocrisy. Witnesses are getting highly skilled at pretense. How else do they manage

to appear so zealous on paper ( hours) but be so wildly ineffective at making disciples? Or be so stingy about giving contributions?

metatron

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Witnesses are getting highly skilled at pretense.

I saw this kind of behavior increase 10-fold during my last few years as a dub (ending in '03). The reported hours of FS are a sham, often just a wild-a**ed guess, and the FS itself is a joke, a "seen and be seen" event with no other mission or purpose.

Dubs now pick and choose what they want to hear and do, aided substantially by an extraordinary number of "flip flops" in WTS doctrine and interpretation. The best examples of this include:

• decisions on going to college -- you can justify it either way, using recent WTS writings
    • blood transfusions -- not one JW in a thousand can explain the society's current stand on blood; the result, according to a bloodless surgery hospital official I know is that 99% of all dubs come into the hospital and ask HIM what they can "do" [get away with] and go with that. They have no conscientious position on it at all.
  • Gerard
    Gerard

Do you you think they will too pass along laced Kool-Aid? (eg; Jim Jones' mass suicide in Guyana).

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Do you you think they will too pass along laced Kool-Aid?

There's no need. JWs are already eagerly lapping up intellectual Kool Aid by the gallon.

• Dynamite1
    Dynamite1

I'm a little slow, but are you saying that the JWs have split into other religions? Like the Mormons? How they have the Branch Davidians and the Seventh Day Adventists and all? What are the religions that are split off from JW? I have always wondered why more JWs haven't gone off and made their own religion with their own beliefs.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You are right in that some of the older people feed on the hard stance. Authoritarian views seem to pacify them and they view mercy and forgiveness as weak. But then, they never did place much of their faith in Jesus who personified mercy and forgiveness.

J

• Mary
    Mary

Dynamite asked: are you saying that the JWs have split into other religions?

Yepper......After Charles Russell died and Judge Booze Rutherford took over and started changing all of Russell's teachings, there were those that would not accept these teachings and they, to this day, are known as Bible Students. The WTS, while not exactly calling them "apostates", still sneer at this group because they "haven't kept abreast with the Organization", while the Bible Students view Jehovah's Witnesses as the "apostates." Here a link to the Bible Students' web page: http://www.biblestudents.net/history/daughters_tower.htm#part26

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I believe it is time for the Elders and the Governing Body of Elders to show their ?CREDENTIALS.? Sort of a "putup or shutup" quandary. LMAO: I think it?s also time for me to write a part two to my original letter of counsel to the WTB&TS. Who really cares anyhow at the Borg?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit