Intuition..

by Country Girl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Is intuition that tingly feeling I get in my pants when I think of Brad Pitt?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I have always been aware of my "gut feelings" and react to them without much immediate thought.

When I first started with the sheriffs office, the training dealt a lot with intuition and gut feelings.

A lot of traffic stops are as much a gut feeling as it is due to some small violation.

A conversation with a driver through the open window can suddenly turn in to intense fear, with no visible cause for the officer.

I recall one night where we "two of us in the car" came up behind a car that behaved "differently", no visible violations.

We decided to do a "stop check" for a dui.

My partner went to the left "drivers window" and I went to the right window. It was our custom to tap the car on the right rear, which usually causes the occupants to look to their right rear and gives the officer on the left a chance to look at things and approach without their attention.

When I got to the right front window, I asked the passenger to roll the window down. She did. As the other officer was talking to the driver I looked at the passenger and felt that gut feeling I hated.

She had a news paper on her lap and a magazine on top of that. For some reason I knew she had something under that magazine and didn't want us to know this.

I reached in and grabbed that magazine with my left hand as my right went to my gun.

Under that magazine was a fully loaded gun. Why did my right hand go for my gun? It could easily have been a small purse or a make up kit with lipstick etc.

In retrospect, I believe it was her and his overall actions that triggered that small part of our brain that screams "fight or flight".

Outoftheorg

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I never have claimed to be "Ms. Cleo" but I do have intuitions (aka gut feelings) before and I try to listen to what "something" is trying to say to me. Many times I don't really know why until way after the fact, but none the less if I am very observant to my gut it usually steers me right.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Outa... My "little voice" has saved my bacon once or twice. I listen to it...when I don't bad shit usually happens forthwith.

~ I have always been aware of my "gut feelings" and react to them without much immediate thought.

~Hill

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

That's truly facinating about the Sengalese tribes.

I belive that our culture has helped us wipe out our ability to "sense". Our 24/7 lifestyle, always being "in touch" by cellphone, gotta get to work, gotta get to the store, gotta have the radio on full blast, gotta, gotta, gotta; can never be alone with one's thoughts.

My first senses, were' of course, with men. I saw the signs of what was to come with 1st husband before we married, but I kept them to myself and didn't back out of the marriage because the invitations had been send. Silly 18 year old!

When I raced sailboats (manically for 7 years) I really began to tune into my senses of water, weather, and what the skipper was thinking.

One day everyone suited up in raingear, but it was a nice early summer albeit partly cloudy day! I just put on a raincoat. Well, at the start of the race, we watched this rainband come down on us - it carried wind and we prepared for that wind and were first over the start! Well, that rain band continued behind us, then, came back over us, carrying a reverse wind, which we prepared for! However, I was soaked from the waiste down! I shudda put on my rainpants! But it was facinating to watch that band of weather moved thru, then move back.

On a more personal level, I have developed intuitive relationships with long-distance long-term friends: One day, I was on the phone with C, in one of our usual 2-hour 6-month apart phone calls. I was looking at the floor by the open door and how the shadows sunlight was playing thru the trees on the floor. She was saying something to the effect of "how pretty the sunlight was playing thru the trees"! I stopped here and asked her what she said? She repeted it. I told her just what I was doing!

Years ago, my Gr.Grandmother was very ill, and dying. I worked in a typing pool. I heard the phone ring from way back in the office! I knew she had died. So I left my typewriter and started walking up front. When the announcement came that I had a call, I was already at the front desk.

I try to never 2nd guess myself, no matter how bizaar the first thought is. When I 2nd guess, I'm almost ALWAYS wrong! But do you think I'm able to always do this? Noooooo

Hugs and lots' of intuition!

Brenda

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I never called it "intuition" but presentiment, a hunch...

I've learned the hard way to listen to it. Every time I ignored that feeling, something bad did happen.

The first time it was a motoraccident: I was late for work, but my mum insisted that I would bring her to her job first, for which I had to to cross the centre of The Haque. On a relatively calm intersection somebody hit me by purpose, just for the insurancce money.

The second time was when I wanted to go home around half past 2. Again my mum insisted that I would wait until 5 o'clock cos 2 of my brothers should go home at that time (we where at our week-end place), I did and got a car accident, in which I hit a 16 year old boy (on his birthday) he has just got a moped and he was laying over the handle to ride it as fast as he could. It was dark and I was'nt sure where the turn-off was, so I was driving very slowly. He was riding in my direction -at the right side of the road on a cycle path. My turn-off was in a bend. I did'nt expect somebody coming from my left - and he thought that I had noticed him for I was driving so slowly.... and then I saw him in my lights.... He broke his leg on 2 places and his moped was total loss....

I often got kind of a warning on the road, for instance: I was driving at the left side of a 4-Way highway (don't know how you are calling it) when I saw a car merging at the far right side. He was'nt speeding but I knew he would speed up and cross al 4 ways. He did and I could hit my breaks just in time to prevent a collision...

Non of these events I could have been aware of just by paying attention - the first ones gaves the signals hours before it happened. I think (the only plausible explanation I can think of) that there are spirits who are warning us (call them guardian angels) and it is up to you to listen or not.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I believe strongly in our abilities to sense when something is out of sorts or not right. I have always used my intuition and trusted it, it has saved me from many bad or what could have been bad situations. I forewarned an ex-room mate of mine years ago to stay away from this one guy she was falling for very quickly. He had her so blinded with kindness and things she wanted to hear, the guy gave me the creeps and I absolutely hated to be in the same room with him. She brought him around to hang with her family, the family was leary of him but allowed him to come around. Her dad owned a seafood store and this guy was a lobster supplier, well anyway he ended up stealing her dad`s 42 foot boat right off their dock from behind their house, after he had set his own storefront on fire to collect the insurance. He used the boat to get to the Bahamas and set it adrift, on fire, when he tried to get away!! Yeah love the boyfriend !!!!! Needless to say her`s and my friendship only lasted a few more years after this for some strange reason.

• Golf
    Golf

Correction;

Country girl, good topic. Lets put it to the 'test,' what's YOUR intuition about some of the people on this forum, I'll be the guinea pig. This should be interesting.

Golf

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Golf: you asked for it:

I'll be the guinea pig. This should be interesting.

1. your are a bit negligent

2. you don't have much attention for women

Based on the fact that you tell me that this is a good topic while it ain't my topic...... but Country Girl's

Country_Woman a.k.a. Branda

• missy04
    missy04

As far as having a feeling that something about someone is "not right" I get it once in a while and I'm almost always right.

As far as my intuition alerting me to danger, I have been walking alone at night before when I couldn't see my surroundings well, got that feeling of chills down my spine and then realized that there was someone hiding behind something ahead of me. But I don't know whether it was intuition or that I saw movement ahead of me and it didn't register in my mind till after the chills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit