Jessica Lundsford would still be alive....

by avishai 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

This SOB should never have had a bit of freedom. Seeing that sweet little girl's picture breaks my heart. Seeing his picture makes me RAGING Mad...the face of evil personified.

But what about the family who hid his crime? They had better be charged big time. Sick, all of them.

Does anyone know HOW this dude knew to get to her room? He must have been watching her, yet her family says they didn't know him.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The very first thing that should be done with men like Couhey is to castrate them. That would cure a lot of what ails them right quick!

AlanF

• bem
    bem

Jessicas. Grandfather interviewed with a news person last night and in the interview. He said that Couey had to of came through the door and taken the little girl out of the house. Jessica was crazy about her grand-mother and would go in and out of the house to check on the grand-mother as a way to touch bases. She didn't want them out of her sight, How sad that our children cannot have a safe place anymore. My heart goes out to the family.

Couey was not registered in his neighborhood as a convicted sex offender because he was living with his half-sister so police did not know he was in the community either. something is wrong here with this also. Other people that lived in the house with them had been told by Couey that the police would be looking for him. Why didn't they speak up? the sister even lied to police about him living with her. Makes me think she may of suspected him, she knew his past.

Whatever the case may be. PREDITORS like this are cunning and they do know every weakness and vulnerability there is and they know how to use them to the advantage they need. Society needs to recognize this and realize ,It's not about sex it's about power and control. These people already know "management" They manage to control there sick urges until they have a safe entrance to destroy lives.

Our children need to be empowered to protect themselves also. Teach them to scream, kick,scratch & howl. Sadly enough even when there may be a weapon involved. if that preditor gets away with the child the chances are very slim that child will survive anyway.

• avishai
    avishai
    The very first thing that should be done with men like Couhey is to castrate them. That would cure a lot of what ails them right quick!

Not necessarily. It only lowers the rate a little bit. Sex crimes are about power and control, rarely sex.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

AlanF said:

I disagree, they can still molest, torture and kill. Just because the sex organ has been removed it does not change their screwed up thinking and desires they will still act out in a harmful way against the weak and innocent. It's not about sex, it's about power, anger and hate that goes deep within their very core. They are incurable monsters!

Although I do get a big smile on my face at the thought of dismembering a child molester.....<snicker>

Kate

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Depends on their risk level.

Pedophiles deserve only ONE chance, unless their first crime has involved a murder, a weapon, or any type of aggravated assault. BECAUSE they can't be rehabilitated, they should be locked up for an enormous amount of time, and only let loose the first time *with* a GPS bracelet, weekly supervision visits, chemical castration, and monitoring by local authorities. *All* parents in their target release neighborhoods should be warned within 5 months, 3 months, and 1 month of their release dates, and a neighborhood hearing with local officials allowed.

Oftentimes, in the heat of national cases like this, we can actually get lost in revenge, anger, and irrationality. In some states, there are no levels of offenders and you are required to register as a sex offender even if you are a hooker or a john, thusly making the term "Sexual Offender" less offensive to the general public.

In one case, at a party, a young teenager jumped off the diving board into a pool naked (drunk, of course) and was classified as a sexual offender because the party hosts' daughter saw him. He is required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, even though it was a youthful indiscretion, and did not directly involve physical contact with the victim. He did not even know she was out and about.

The laws need to make allowances for those different levels of offenders and assign risk factors to each. If it (a sexual offence against a child involving sodomy, intercourse, or fondling) happens a second time: harsh, restrictive and severe measures are then warranted. Physical castration, life imprisonment in general prison populations with NO protective custody (subjecting the perp to "inmate judgement") or solitary confinement for a number of years with release into General Population after a required amount of time. The predators will then become the prey.

While I believe child predators are a sick bunch with no chance at rehabilitation, I think that those under the age of 16, or those charged with low-risk offenses, should be handled in a slightly different way.

There have been numerous times that a guy that is 21 will date and have sex with a girl that *says* she is 18, and then find out that she is really 13. Some of these young girls really *do* look 18 sometimes, and they have been proven to lie about it. Then the guy is sitting in jail with harsh penalties hanging over his back because he believed her. Shouldn't the girl also be prosecuted for lying to the person? What can be done to stop cases like this? Some of these girls even have fake ID's. I don't know.. heard alot of stories about cases similar to this.

Lots of complex factors involved in each case, and each one should be taken on its merit, and the appropriate punishment meted out.

Unfortunately, the above scenarios don't cover the case of the Lunsford girl. This man should have been closely monitored by local law enforcement and all parents should have been notified by MAIL, telephone, or whatever means to know that a sex offender was living in their midst. However, since he didn't register when he went 60 miles north of Orlando to his sister's house, he had no intentions of registering with the local police. His intentions were quite obvious. If he had had a GPS bracelet on his ankle, and a probation officer on his ass once or twice a week, this maybe could have been prevented. That, or if they had locked him up for life the second time he was engaged in some indecent and lewd behavior with a child. Bluck.. It's too complicated.

While I am definitely NOT on the side of pedophiles, I am also about fairness and justice. Some people *do* deserve a second chance. If I was arrested for prostituting, I wouldn't want to have to register as a sex offender even after I had been out of it for years and was now working in a respectable job, with kids to raise, and an employer to answer to.

<Gets into fire suit>

Yes, pedophiles *should* be locked up for indeterminate amounts of time, or physically or chemically castrated.. but we're still busy fighting the war in Iraq, the war on drugs, and the wars on each other to really think about the kids..... right?

CG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I agree, Avishai.

DY

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was reading about Jessica in the news yesterday.. its all sooooo sad.. makes me sick

• doogie
    doogie

you know, i hear anti-death penatly arguments that some of these guys are truly sick and have had really messed up lives and never really had a chance and maybe more killing isn't the answer. and then you hear some molesters saying that they know they need help and "please just give me another chance" stuff. like with proper treatment they can "get better".

i think that any guy with even a potential for decency that commits a crime like this would beg to be put to death because he would realize that he is a danger to society. begging for another chance would just indict him as the monster he is.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

CG

A second chance is one thing, but do you honestly think any of this flith gets caught after only one act?

Until we place the appropriate value on our children and express that value by destroying any that would harm them, we are handicapping our own efforts.

Dead perps do not re-offend.

Thunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit