Jessica Lundsford would still be alive....

by avishai 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avishai
    avishai
    Introduce him to the general population of prison where he'll spend the rest of his life.

Riigghhhhttt. You mean the death penalty, then.

• Valis
    Valis

Someone probably mentioned this, but I think no more voluntary registration in the communities where released sex offenders go to live. Make them wear an ankle bracelet until they register and it is verified. This old sick bastard man should be locked away in the darkest nastiest pit we have as a prison...wither that or just taken out back and clubbed to death..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    This old sick bastard man should be locked away in the darkest nastiest pit we have as a prison...wither that or just taken out back and clubbed to death..

Why waste tax dollars on these guys, take them out and shot them and let the animals eat the dead carcass, no need for a burial either.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

CG said:

Most far too often. However, put the shoes on the other foot. Would you like your SON imprisoned for dating a girl who told him she was 18, and really 14, and he was 26, and then find that he is subject to the punishment you subscribe of death or life imprisonment, based on the fact that he was in a "romantic" mood and didn't ask for her ID?

Just another scenario.

I'm talking about a man who molests a young child. I am not talking about consentual sex. There should be a distinction and if there is not then the laws need to be changed so there is. The death penalty or life in prison should be the only option for a man who rapes and/or kills a young child.

I am speaking of the scenario in this posting, not the one you mention. All pedophiles (men who rape and/or murder little non-consentual children) should be killed IMHO. Whoever said consentual sex with a minor, pissing in a public place and forgetting your shades are up when you are walking through the house naked had to be lumped in with rape/murder of children was obviously not in his/her right mind. The punishment should fit the crime. Life for life or a lifetime of being raped in general population for raping a defenseless little child works for me.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Bisous said,

Two wrongs don't make a right as they say

Maybe not but the second wrong would prevent a third and end the cycle.

I never suggested that the killings be governmentaly sanctioned.

You obviously have a great capacity for forgiveness. I am unhindered by that handicap. Inhuman behavior deserves no human kindness.

Thunder

• Xandria
    Xandria
    Lunsford said he felt guilty that he was not at home that night. ?We have to save our children from people like this,? Lunsford said. ?It?s time to change some of our laws.?

I know this father is going to carry this guilt that he wasn't home. I agree that it is time to strengthen our laws and make specifics in them in regards to child safeties.

Her body was found early Saturday behind a house about 150 yards from her home....

I cannot imagine the horror going through this child's head. Only being 150 yards away from home. So near, yet so far away.

Lunsford said he will campaign to get stricter penalties and laws regarding registering sex offenders.

?They should be tagged, they should be branded,? Lunsford said of sex offenders.

Gov. Jeb Bush said earlier that he was wary about such proposals. ?We should be cautious about doing something that would expand the net so wide as to not accomplish the desired effect and get into a problem,? Bush said.

Branding Sex Offenders ? I agree they need something to track these people due to them not registering as required by law. A chip under the skin, a tracking device embedded..perhaps.

Gov. Bush.. you have a assaulted and murdered child..when are you going to stop worrying about the perp's rights and start worrying about the rights of the citizens? Don't we deserve to live and not have our children under the constant threat of preditors?

X.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

X

I like the way you think.

Thunder

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Valis, Calamity Jane, Thunder, Xandria: I so agree. BTW:(off topic) Xandria love the avatar, it looks like ours his name is Dimsdale.

• bisous
    bisous
    there has always been executions throughout the history of human society and we're still around. it seems that capital punishment does not 'doom' society.

I obviously was not speaking in general terms *human society*. Societies that advocate violence and government-sanctioned killing haven't fared too well in history....I guess 'cause we don't chop off hands for thievery and stone people for other offenses, we are a rung above, eh?

Avi- life in prison is a far more fitting penalty IMO. Let them live their natural course of life severely restricted and forced to contemplate their deeds and the consequences.

I never suggested that the killings be governmentaly sanctioned.
    what else would you call the death penalty? or are you suggesting individuals just take the matter into their own hands?
  • bisous
    bisous
    Why waste tax dollars on these guys, take them out and shot them and let the animals eat the dead carcass, no need for a burial either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit