Jessica Lundsford would still be alive....

by avishai 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Lots of complex factors involved in each case, and each one should be taken on its merit, and the appropriate punishment meted out.

Far as I'm concerned if the evidence is there a pedophile should be killed or locked up for life... It's not complicated in my world. My children deserve to be safe from sickos and far too often they are rehabilitated right back into society.

If I was informed ahead of time that a pedophile was moving into my area I would get a mob to protest and fight until he was forced to move elsewhere. His life would be a living hell.

I can't stand to look at the Megan's Law website and see all those dots around my children's schools.

It's called NO TOLERANCE! Sure there will be a few who get caught up in the system unfairly but I can't imagine it compares to the many children who get molested by "rehabilitated" pedophiles.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Great post CG. I totally agree with the GPS thing. Here in Illinois one can find out pretty easy is there is a registered sex offender in there neighborhood. The State police run the web site and it's easy to access. One thing that surprised me though, was that local police cannot notify neighbors that a sex offender has moved into their neighborhood. I was told by a police officer that if they do this and someone does something to this individual (i.e. beats them up or worse) the police could be found liable. Total bs.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Doogie:

The sad part about all this is that oftentimes, these people don't THINK they're sick. They've had a sense of entitlement all their life. If they don't get something, they will take it. It matters not whether it results from them actually having been given everything by their parents, and then being denied it, or just taking it and not getting caught as they were growing up. They are insecure, flawed, and incomplete individuals. When faced with the evidence, they blame it on their flawed past, their lack of education, everyone but themselves. Which is a typical coward's way out.

They get that sense of entitlement because when they take what they want, they feel like the BIG PERSON with lots of power. When they don't get caught one, two, three times, it gives them even more false bravado. They are caught, then they are shocked into the reality that *this* is the BIG WORLD, where one must conform, obey the law, or face isolation from Society. Oftentimes, even that doesn't stop them, because the high from taking what they want outweighs the discipline meted out by judiciary bodies. They can live on these fantasies for years, and live as good prisoners, model prisoners, til everyone says "Okay, he's cured, let him out."

Society is lulled into a false sense of trust with these guys. They are manipulators. They had to learn to manipulate their way around their dysfunctional families for years. Some of them are so far gone that they can actually fool lie detectors because they believe their own lies. They have become so much in a state of denial that they actually think that some of the things they do are for the childrens' own benefit, or they didn't hurt anyone, etc. MOST of them have no empathic feelings towards their victims, nor do they understand, at all, what they have done to a child. The child was only used as a vehicle for their own power trip/sexual gratification, and be damned all else. What supercedes all rational thinking is their own need to gratify their sexual urges/fetishes/power needs RIGHT NOW. Very impulsive.

People like this, I don't believe they can be helped. They are so far gone into their mental illness that they do not have a sense of empathy, caring or compassion, and therefore are no longer fit to live amongst us. I believe that this problem will escalate so bad in the next 7 years, that we will be seriously thinking of some barbaric methods to stop them in their tracks. Physical castration is one of these methods; GPS tracking; chemical castration; or life imprisonment in a place meant especially for them.

CG

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

There's a young girl (age 13) whose been missing from rural Missouri (Foley MO to be exact, not too far from St. Louis) since the end of February. Her name is Bianca Piper. She was last seen by her mother late one night. Supposedly "counselors" had told her if she gets moody to let her cool off by letting her off down the road from home with a flashlight and walk home. So supposedly Bianca's mom dropped her off IN THE DARK a mile or so from home and she hasn't been seen since. Bianca's supposedly mildly retarded, with a mind of a 6 or 7 year old.

Bianca Piper, 13, vanished almost a week ago. On Tuesday, her parents spoke to national and local media in an attempt to bring more attention to the case.

Bianca's parents say they are getting help from people around the region. Bianca's mother says she recently talked to Shawn Hornbeck's mother, since both are still looking for a missing child. Shannon Tanner says she was encouraged and simply told to not lose hope.

The Bianca Piper case is also getting some national help from an organization founded to find and protect children.

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children has activated its "Team Adam Project" and one of its consultants is no stranger to tough cases around here.

Joe Burgoon has brought his 27 years as a St. Louis police homicide investigator to the front of the Bianca Noel Piper case. Retired and now a consultant for the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children's "Team Adam Project," Burgoon says time may be the key to this case.

"Team Adam" is a rapid response concept that is privately funded. The project covers the cost of hundreds of thousands of flyers that are now posted throughout the area, with Bianca's picture.

"The efforts of volunteers is getting the flyers where they need to be, inside schools, in restaurants, in gas stations and convenience stores," said Burgoon.

They have faxed 120,000 flyers nationwide and offered counseling free of charge to members of the missing teens family.

"The Adam Project" was named for 6-year-old Adam Walsh, who in 1981 was abducted and murdered in Hollywood, Florida.

Since then, the center has consulted with police and sheriff's departments on how to best search for missing children, and support their parents.

Burgoon says shock may be one reason why Bianca's piper's mother has been relatively unseen in the search for her daughter, until today.

"They're just devastated their worried, they don't know where to turn," said Burgoon.

Lincoln County authorities say the search for Bianca has now covered 150 square miles. On Tuesday hundreds of volunteers and professional search teams are continuing to search dense, forested areas near water.

Sheriff Dan Torres says his department shares many of "Team Adam" suggestions, and is staying close to the family. "We have an actual detective assigned to them, and a victims advocate assigned to them and they go with them everywhere they go, they keep them aware of everything."

Along with retired FBI agent Bill Raynor, Burgoon says his center will keep him on the case, as long as necessary.

The National Center For Missing And Exploited Children was created in 1984, since then it's helped return more than 71,000 children to their families.

• doogie
    doogie

CG-

The sad part about all this is that oftentimes, these people don't THINK they're sick.

this is exactly why i think they should be permanently removed from society. lock em up or bury em. makes no difference to me. the ones that realize what they've done should be so ashamed that they would understand that the punishment fits the crime.

we will be seriously thinking of some barbaric methods to stop them in their tracks. Physical castration is one of these methods; GPS tracking; chemical castration; or life imprisonment in a place meant especially for them.
    i can think of more barbaric (and fitting) things than GPS tracking...
  • avishai
    avishai
    The laws need to make allowances for those different levels of offenders and assign risk factors to each. If it (a sexual offence against a child involving sodomy, intercourse, or fondling) happens a second time: harsh, restrictive and severe measures are then warranted. Physical castration, life imprisonment in general prison populations with NO protective custody (subjecting the perp to "inmate judgement") or solitary confinement for a number of years with release into General Population after a required amount of time. The predators will then become the prey.

While I believe child predators are a sick bunch with no chance at rehabilitation, I think that those under the age of 16, or those charged with low-risk offenses, should be handled in a slightly different way.

There have been numerous times that a guy that is 21 will date and have sex with a girl that *says* she is 18, and then find out that she is really 13. Some of these young girls really *do* look 18 sometimes, and they have been proven to lie about it. Then the guy is sitting in jail with harsh penalties hanging over his back because he believed her. Shouldn't the girl also be prosecuted for lying to the person? What can be done to stop cases like this? Some of these girls even have fake ID's. I don't know.. heard alot of stories about cases similar to this.

Lots of complex factors involved in each case, and each one should be taken on its merit, and the appropriate punishment meted out.

CG, I agree wholeheartedly. i found out that you can be put on the Megan's law website for indecent exposer, so i guess technically if you were caught taking a whiz in the wrong place you could be put on there.

There really needs to be strong boundaries between these kinds of crimes because it waters them down, the cases of actual perps and guys who are just stupid. Grey areas give arguments to the perps, and that does'nt help.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thunder said:

A second chance is one thing, but do you honestly think any of this flith gets caught after only one act?

Until we place the appropriate value on our children and express that value by destroying any that would harm them, we are handicapping our own efforts.

Dead perps do not re-offend.

Thunder

Of course not, Thunder. I am not that naieve. However, it usually is an escalating crime. Usually at adolescence is when this behavior begins to be shown. It starts with some smaller crimes and escalates to a crime that can be convicted by law. In addition, usually it starts out with young neighbors, members of the family, or friends.

Obviously, in its early budding stages, these things cannot be detected unless people are AWARE and EDUCATED about the crime and it's symptoms. I *do* think that with community, family, friends, etc. that a YOUNG perp can be turned around (under 16), and should not be held by the justice system to the same standard as a person that has done two or seven crimes over the age of 21. While I do think that a young perp can be turned around, if a SECOND offense occurs that is obviously escalated from the first, that the perp should be held at the same standard as an adult of the same crime.

I also think that our defnition of a "crime" needs to be uniform. When an Uncle kisses his niece at age 13 on the lips (which most Greek uncles *do* and it's not perverted), he should not be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life. This is common in my culture and is seen as a sign of affection, and not perversion, but is seen in some states as a sign of sexual perversion. This man, in the Lundsford case, came into a girls' room, put his hand over her mouth and KISSED her and was sentenced to ten years' imprisonment and had to register as a sexual offender. To me, it was not that he KISSED her, but that his operating system was so CREEPY: coming into her room and putting his hand over her mouth. That was the BAD thing.. under a veil of secrecy.

Alot of it depends on how well we educate our populace and their children on what constitutes objectional and sexual behavior. At the same time, we have to educate our males that some females are liars and will do anything to get the love of a man, including about about their age. These females also need to be vigorously prosecuted and brought to justice to level the playing field. We also need to educate our young men on the laws of the state, and make them just as aware of the laws, and that if they do anything BESIDES what those laws state, they will be held responsible as the older of the parties.

So, Thunder, would you say that the boy that jumped into the pool, nekkid, in front of the hosts' twelve year old daughter should be treated the same as the the guy who raped and murdered the Lundsford girl? I don't think so. Rational thought is always the beginning of understanding.

What he did was despicable and he *should* be given the death penalty if he did it. However, sometimes a second chance is all it takes...

CG

• avishai
    avishai
    What can be done to stop cases like this? Some of these girls even have fake ID's

If it can be proven that they have used a fake ID, they should be an accesory in their own statuatory and be put in juvenile dentention.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

CG-

The sad part about all this is that oftentimes, these people don't THINK they're sick.

this is exactly why i think they should be permanently removed from society. lock em up or bury em. makes no difference to me. the ones that realize what they've done should be so ashamed that they would understand that the punishment fits the crime.

we will be seriously thinking of some barbaric methods to stop them in their tracks. Physical castration is one of these methods; GPS tracking; chemical castration; or life imprisonment in a place meant especially for them.

i can think of more barbaric (and fitting) things than GPS tracking...

Doogie:

There are times when children who are abused, grow UP and become abusers because they never KNEW what constituted appropriate behavior, and what didn't. Look at us XJW's: alot of us grew up in the religion, and when we came out, we were totally social misfits. Emotionally and mentally unequipped to deal with the real world. Sometimes there *is* a reason for such behavior. That doesn't give an excuse for being held unACCOUNTABLE for such behavior, just for that it might have occurred, in which I think such cases leeway should be given. I do think that most of us have an innate sense of what is right and wrong, and people WITHOUT that capacity should be the ones that need extra help.

I do believe and feel that young people with these proclivities can be reformed, retrained. It has been said that the young brain does not reach full development until 22. I can cite sources if asked. Young first time sexual felons maybe have a chance. Second time: after appropriate information has been dispensed, and proper behavior mods have been instituted, then it gets bad, and the picture is not good, not now, or for the future.

Even older ones, having a first time sexual felony offense at the age of 55 or so, can be given an appropriate length of term in years, then come out and not do it again. But once a second offence occurs, all bets are off. The state has given that second chance, nothing was learned, and then the harsh and severe sentencing begins.

I do believe that putting these two time offenders away for life will alleviate much of the problem because well, then they won't be around again to do the second one.

However, I think that if an offender has had a history of criminally violent behavior, some sexual offenses in the past, disregard for probation, human life, etc. then that shows that there is no attempt at rehabilitation or reintegration, throw them away and eat the key. They deserve a second chance, but not if it involves murder, aggravated sexual assault <by this, I mean with a weapon, fear, brutal violence, sodomy, penetration, aggravated sexual assault, kidnapping with sexual assault, all of those malicious sorts of crimes> and they should be permanently castrated, put in Gen Pop, and limited to inmate justice.

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

adelmaal says:

Far as I'm concerned if the evidence is there a pedophile should be killed or locked up for life... It's not complicated in my world. My children deserve to be safe from sickos and far too often they are rehabilitated right back into society.

Most far too often. However, put the shoes on the other foot. Would you like your SON imprisoned for dating a girl who told him she was 18, and really 14, and he was 26, and then find that he is subject to the punishment you subscribe of death or life imprisonment, based on the fact that he was in a "romantic" mood and didn't ask for her ID?

Just another scenario.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit