Jessica Lundsford would still be alive....

by avishai 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• doogie
    doogie

CG-

I do believe and feel that young people with these proclivities can be reformed, retrained. It has been said that the young brain does not reach full development until 22. I can cite sources if asked. Young first time sexual felons maybe have a chance. Second time: after appropriate information has been dispensed, and proper behavior mods have been instituted, then it gets bad, and the picture is not good, not now, or for the future.

no, i definitely see where you're coming from. i'm not really arguing whether it's possible to rehabilitate these folks. i'm just saying that if they were halfway decent guys, IMHO, they would completely understand (and even applaud) a law abiding society's desire to be rid of them forever.

inmate justice
    from what i understand, those guys are even less forgiving then me...
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl
    What can be done to stop cases like this? Some of these girls even have fake ID's
    If it can be proven that they have used a fake ID, they should be an accesory in their own statuatory and be put in juvenile dentention.

Totally right, avi. Girls should be held to the *same* standard as the boys. If a girl that is underage reports a rape by a male that is over the age limit, and the boy claims that she says she was 18, these claims should also be investigated, and if found to be true, then she should be prosecuted. It's high time that we should start penalizing these young girls for LYING, and make THEM pay the price that these young guys have to pay when found by a jury to be sexual predators. There is no sexual prejudice in the law, except by human interpretation.

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Doogie said:

CG-

I do believe and feel that young people with these proclivities can be reformed, retrained. It has been said that the young brain does not reach full development until 22. I can cite sources if asked. Young first time sexual felons maybe have a chance. Second time: after appropriate information has been dispensed, and proper behavior mods have been instituted, then it gets bad, and the picture is not good, not now, or for the future.

no, i definitely see where you're coming from. i'm not really arguing whether it's possible to rehabilitate these folks. i'm just saying that if they were halfway decent guys, IMHO, they would completely understand (and even applaud) a law abiding society's desire to be rid of them forever. You're in total denial. They're not halfway decent guys, if they were, they wouldn't be in the situation in the first place. WHILE they are in prison they need to be retaught how to have living skills. Only for the young ones. Otherwise, all bets are off.

IP: hmtpCg7KzLmjdttc
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I read this story and wept. Had this been my precious little daughter, I would have no problem putting this person out of societies misery myself.

What an utter waste of human flesh. Why can't more of these preverts 'accidentally' die while 'attempting escape'. Instead we'll have years and years of bs trials, appeals, drama and expense and he'll probably 'prove' he's sick and stay in prison for the next 40 years at a cost of about $60,000.00 per year.

Sick, Frustrated and Angry to keep seeing these things happen in this country. The pain that the family must be enduring is heartbreaking. The horror that the little girl must have endured as she was raped and had the life crushed from her little body mind numbing. What was going through her innocent little childs mind as her life was being taken from her. How anyone can *truly* give this thought and then defend this man's right to live makes me sick.

J

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

Update: John Evander Couey was charged at 2:50 p.m. this afternoon (3/21/2005) with capital murder, kidnapping and battery on a child under the age of 12. He will be arraigned Tuesday. Citrus County, Florida will seek the death penalty.

Couey's half-sister and two others were charged with obstructing police for failing to notify police when Couey admitted he had committed a crime. Two of these three have since posted bond that was only set at $500.00 (what a joke...$500.00??).

I cannot believe that these three did not know what he did. According to the police news conference on Sunday afternoon... due to drugs, Couey could not remember if he kept her alive for one or two days. How did they NOT know?! He buried her under the stairs outside the trailor home!

~Shell

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'd volunteer right now to put a bullet in that "animal's" wacked-out brain if the "state" would let me. I do find it curious how "quiet" it's been on this thread by those opposed to the death penalty. Ultimately, common sense persuades even the most bleeding heart liberal that this animal deserves nothing less than forfeiting his life for the senseless and most debased murdering of an innocent child.

• bisous
    bisous
    Until we place the appropriate value on our children and express that value by destroying any that would harm them, we are handicapping our own efforts.

Sorry but I was molested for my entire childhood (beginning in 4th grade till Sophomore in high school) AND am the mother of 2 and I vehemently disagree that we should systematically destroy these people ... as in KILL them (*dead* perps).

Lock them up and throw away the key. Yes --- pay for it *anticipating next question*. Two wrongs don't make a right as they say ... and I do not believe in capital punishment. I also lost my husband to a drunk driver .... and wouldn't have condoned executing the drunk bastard either.

Empty the prisons of people in their for bullshit *our big WAR on drugs* and put the sickos in their place. Giv'em bread and water for all I care.

But a society that condones governmental killing of others is a society that is doomed. Yeah that death penalty is working out real well for us ... really putting an end to crime and all, eh?

• doogie
    doogie

CG-

You're in total denial. They're not halfway decent guys, if they were, they wouldn't be in the situation in the first place. WHILE they are in prison they need to be retaught how to have living skills. Only for the young ones. Otherwise, all bets are off.
    i think you're missing my point. i agree that they are NOT decent guys...that's why they deserve to be killed. if, for the sake of argument, they WERE decent guys and they just "made a mistake" (which i do NOT think is EVER the case when a grown man rapes a child...you'd have to be a monster to do that) they would wish they were dead anyway. either way, like i said, lock em up or bury em.

• doogie
    doogie

bisous-

But a society that condones governmental killing of others is a society that is doomed. Yeah that death penalty is working out real well for us ... really putting an end to crime and all, eh?

there has always been executions throughout the history of human society and we're still around. it seems that capital punishment does not 'doom' society.

obviously, since a person would have to first commit a crime before the death penalty was even brought up, the point of capital punishment is not to 'put an end to crime'. i think it's in place to punish wrongdoers and prevent further crimes from being committed by the same (perhaps sick) individual. however, i agree that capital punishment must be saved for the most extreme cases. the problem with capital punishment is our current imperfect and corrupt legal system, not the punishment itself.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

One day, years from now society will realize there is no rehabilitation for people such as this. I think execution is too easy for this man, and others like him. Life without the possibility of parole is more fitting. Introduce him to the general population of prison where he'll spend the rest of his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit