If You Had A Choice To Live In ANY Country, Where Would You Choose & Why?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I love the United States of America! It has freedoms that most countries do not have. It has variety. It has beauty.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Canada :). But I'm no U.S hater.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

Canada's nice. Great insurance!

• xenawarrior
  • blondie
    blondie

I have lived in 4 countries, lived in10 states, visited 47 states out of the 50, visited 12 countries. Loved them all. Why pick one?

I am a one-man woman, but...when it comes to places to live...

I thought at one point I would like to livie in a place like Tahiti, till I learned from a Tahitian how small an island can be and how expensive it is to travel somewhere else.

Some day, if my health and my finances cooperate, I would like to visit Australia and NZ. I have this desire to see the mountains in NZ and Ayers Rock in Australia.

I am just to be a rolling stone, visiingt as many places as I can.

Blondie

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The USA....

Coffee

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've only been to the USA. I like the USA. I used to dream of living in a little English village near the lake district. I've seen pictures and think it's beautiful. I also like the show All Creatures Great And Small, lovely country. I fell in love with England during the British Invasion and the mod times. I was just a kid then. But my dad's wife is from Great Yarmouth, Great Britain and she has a very snobby attitude towards Americans. I've heard so many people say that England is not a friendly place, very reserved and not always very fond of Americans.Of course if more are like Englisman/Mike then, well England probably is much friendlier than we hear. People rave about Ireland though and sometimes Scotland. My daugther dated a Scottish immigrant and he was a lovely person, much sweeter than her soon to be ex, American, husband.

I've heard that Italy is like magic.

I'm pretty envious of Talesin though. She lives on the Canadian coast in a town full of artists doing art. *Sigh*, sounds so nice.

Last night I went to my first pro hockey game. The Grand Rapids Griffins verses the Edmonton Roadrunners. They beat us 2-0. I thought of all of our Candian buddies on JWD and I didn't mind so much that they won. Their goalie was awesome.

• JH
    JH

Australia

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

The Confederate States of America. (Without the slavery)

More Thomas Jefferson less Alexander Hamilton.

As a member of the League of the South, I hope that one day the CSA will take its rightfull place among the nations of the Earth.

• minimus
    minimus

I love New York City.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit