If You Had A Choice To Live In ANY Country, Where Would You Choose & Why?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

USA, GB, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, CANADA

Speak English, Have Freedom and Democracy

Prefer warmth - so Florida, Southern Texas, Arizona, Australia by choice

• JH
    JH

I would go where it's just a little bit warmer than here.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, a vaca sounds nice.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

The USA

No place else.

Dragonlady76

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The USA really does take some beating - I still get a thrill when I have travelled abroad and come back and the plane touches down on the runway of Newark Liberty International Airport

• talesin
    talesin

I like it just fine here. There's something about this place, its history, the crystals, the energy, and the light is incredible ... the smell of the sea ... ahhhh!

(that was such a nice thing to say, Flyin', you and Andy can retire here with me [for real, just you wait and see]. I'll have a structure on my land by then, as dog is my witness! Your great-grandkids can come visit for summer vacas, and we'll all sit on the porch, with Ter of course, too, and drink herbal tea and draw and paint and tell old war peace stories and listen to Neil et al. Oh yeah, and wear purple!)

Either East or West coast though, not Quebec or any of the landlocked provinces. Sorry, but I must be near the sea. I have spent time in every province, though, and feel each place has unique qualities that makes it special.

During the winters, it would be nice to go somewhere warmer, as I have health 'issues', so I plan to live somewhere warm 4 or 5 months a year, probably the Bahamas or southwestern USA.

And if I really had $$$, I would also have a pied a terre in NYC. Natch!

talesin

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Greatest Country of them all: Texas!

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hmm.. good question. I have lived in 6 different countries on 3 different continents and visited about half of the world in my young days. I don't really care where I live, as long as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, if I had to choose.. Australia sounds good.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

England or Ireland, perhaps somwhere else in the EU. Why? Life over there is much more interesting. Plus, Canada is a country thats hard to be proud of because, mostly, we haven't done anything important and our history is the longest snooze fest in the world.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

1. The Great South Land

2. Downunder

3. Terra Australis

4. Australia

end of list

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit