Jehovah's Witnesses GET CRAZY!!

by GetBusyLiving 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Quotes! That is so funny! I would have liked to have seen (heard) that!

That's what happens when you're finally free though, it doesn't matter what they say or do they can't control you any more and ....you can let rip with your REAL singing voice!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Although they weren't bona fide JW's we had quite a few drunks wandering in to my old hall wanting a pee cos the KH was near a pub. The overzealous attendants used to drag them into the hall for a listen though. It was always entertaining listening to them heckle the speaker or answer up at the watchtower with expletives.

We had one JW sister who was nuts but also really annoying. If she started talking to you she wouldn't let you get away and all her conversation was about how great she was and how many operations she'd had. She used to just turn up at JW's houses unannounced and talk till 2am or until you physically showed her to the door. She also spread gossip about people that wasn't true. The best one was she said a young brother had been stalking her, making eyes at her and had made a pass at her. This guy was about 22 and she's about 60 and it was wishful thinking on her part. The elders to their credit knew she was a loon so usually ignored her. It said a lot that her sons wouldn't have anything to do with her and her husband commited suicide.

There were quite a few others who were regarded as loony but I think they had genuine mental illnesses. I feel sorry for them now as they obviously think they'll be cured in the new system and they kept on going to meetings even though they got little respect from people there.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:all her conversation was about how great she was and how many operations she'd had.

We had an older lady that would fake faint in the most public situations possible. There would always be someone fanning her off and once I saw her open one eye and look around. Good times. After a while she would do the faint thing and most people would just ignore her. LOL.

GBL

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Several years ago I went to my parents home. My dad, who then still had all his mental faculties before alzheimers set it, and I "went at it".

One of the many things we discussed was my alcoholism being a disease. He countered that with it being a moral issue (no surprises there) that I should be able to handle my drinking if I were a moral person. I then told him that my body was unable to process alcohol normally just as his body was unable to process sugar normally.... he's diabetic. One of only two time's I've seen my dad speechless!

Ok... to the point of the thread:

On my way out the door, he told me that there was a sister in the hall that would talk to people who werent there. They were all sure she was demonized. She also would come up to my dad and tell him the Angels really loved him.

Well, her non-JW family finally took her to the doctor where she was diagnosed Schizophrenic, and put on meds. She never spoke with the angels after that. (I wonder if she missed them?).. My dad said that maybe there is something to alcoholism and mental illness being real diseases. There he had me speechless!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    her non-JW family finally took her to the doctor where she was diagnosed Schizophrenic, and put on meds. She never spoke with the angels after that. (I wonder if she missed them?)..

We had a sister? like that in one of my halls. She couldn't work and spent a lot of time out in service?, to the point where the elders put restrictions on how much time she could go out. She was considered an embarassment, partly because of her illness and partly because her voice sounded like she was constantly inhaling helium. She always thought she was talking to angels too. She missed them when she was on her meds and eventually quit taking them. Eventually her non-jw mother kicked her out of the house because she went out in service? so much that she didn't do any of the housework. She ended up in a women's shelter and we never heard of her again.

Walter

• talesin
    talesin

GBL

This guy is from the Maritimes. He has travelled around a bit, so he may have been in your congo at one time, but certainly not now. I knew him as a kid from the KH and conventions, he is connected to my family (JW).

He effing creeps me out - and a number of women in my community as well.

He was not around for many years, then surfaced in the 90s back in town. He goes to the weekly market and bursts into song. They have banned him from the Market, supposedly because his persona as "Opera Man" is disruptive, but in actuality because at least 3 women have complained to the management that he is following them around, etc. and they are creeped by him.

He used to come into the store where I worked, and try to engage me in conversations about when I was a kid (trust me, we do not want to go there), and the JWs, till I banned him from the store.

Prolly not the same guy if you are from 'out west' (tee hee, I just had to say that, pls forgive).

But your story of the fainting sister woman sounds strangely like my cousin ...

tal

• target
    target

There was this little old man in his dark suit and thick glasses who was studying and we would see him walking to the KH on Sunday morning so my husband thought it would be nice to give him a ride. All the way there he was ranting about how he got no sleep because the Nazis were trying to get into his house all night and were banging on the door. Not long after that he was committed and I never saw him again. He looked like the nazi guy in the Indiana Jones movie. Maybe he was having flashbacks....

Target

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I have a few notable mentions from congs I have been to 1) We had a lady who was mentally disabled coming along to meetings for years. She loved going witnessing but naturally being loving jw's *sic* no one would want to pick her up or work with her. She used to trap householders at the doors for hours talking rot. she had an extremeley noticable limp. Eventually she got approved to go on the TMS. Her talks were always a riot. even when she was sitting up there in her tracksuit! She also loved kids and would chase them around the hall before and after the meeting. Because of her limp it would make an awful racket has she ka-thumped around the hall. It took about 1/2 an hour to baptise her when the day came because she was afraid of the water. I feel bad for her but in a boring meeting she sure was interesting. 2) We had a single pioneer sister in her 70's in another cong who thought she was gorgeous. About a size 18 she was always going on about her young girls figure to anyone who would listen. She used to threaten the single pioneer brothers that she would invite them around to her flat and open the door in her bra and knickers. She lived across the road from me and my flatmate and would watch for when we got home. she would come over walk in the front door sit in the loungeroom and dictate to us what she wanted to watch on tv. one time i saw her coming so i ran out the back door jumped over the back fence and left my flatmate to contend with her. 3) In another congregation there was another poor lady who was mentally disabled in her early 30's. She used to come along with her mum. When the brothers on microphone duty walked past her she used to proposition them and ask them to **** her. She used to sit there and swear under her breath all meeting long. Then she went around the cong claiming that one of the young teenage girls was actually her daughter and claimed she had had an affair with one of the elders years ago. She had lived in a special home with other people with similiar illnesses and picked up all sorts of nasty habits and language while there. I feel sorry for these poor people but they sure made the otherwise boring meetings that little bit more interesting.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Yeah...that probably would have been me.

Cathy L.

• Descender
    Descender

I was once given the honor of bringing a blind mentally handicapped man to the meeting. He was a study and it was his first meeting and the DO was in town giving the Sunday talk. I didn't want to sit by him, because it was obvious he was a nut, but nobody else would sit by him, so I ended up being the lucky one. All through the meeting, everytime a baby would cry or a child would act up, he'd progressively get louder and louder complaining about the fact that there was no day care or Sunday school for the kids.

Finally, during the DO's talk, he stood up and yelled, "shut your god damned kids up, if you can't take care of them, I will!" I had to grab him and put him back in his seat as he started to take his belt off and wander to the sound of the child, and he almost fell into the isle. I was horribly embarrased, but the DO kept going with his talk and everyone else pretended nothing had happened.

At the close of the meeting, I wanted to get him out of there as quick as possible, but he wanted to talk to his study conductor who happened to be a black lady. As they talked, I saw a wierd expression form on his face. As I was helping him to the door, he said, "Oh my god, is she a ni****?" I told him she's black. He then said, "I can't believe I let a f'n monkey in my house." It was all I could do not to punch a blind retarded man in the nose. But I just took him home in silence and never ever agreed to bring anyone I didn't know to a meeting again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit