Jehovah's Witnesses GET CRAZY!!

by GetBusyLiving 36 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I knew a supposedly annointed, middle aged lady from the Niagra Falls area that used to sell herbal medicine. She was an "Iridologist" who could diagnose almost any ailment by looking at your eyes. Coincidentally almost every diagnosis involved a colon cleanse made from her witches brew for which she charged steeply. She claimed all sorts of death-bed healings from her medicine - pure quackery. She had quite a following in that area too. I wouldn't be surprised if some here have heard of her.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Just a little disclaimer, I never opened this thread with the intent to make fun of people with a serious disability.. just people who are a little 'off'..

GBL

• Quotes
    Quotes

In the early '90s we had a young brother(tm) that was, apparently, both down on his luck and losing his mind. I later heard he was living in his car and eating poorly (now that I think about it, why didn't I, or some other JW, do something to help him? hhhhmmmmm.... I am guilty of doing nothing to help, just like everyone else in the cong.).

Anyway, at the Dist. Convention, this Young Brother (tm) somehow managed to walk accross in front of the stage (not *ON* the stage, but right in front, on the "ice/playing surface" of the Colesium). He seemed to be (sarcastically?) motioning for us in the crowd to listen to the speaker (he kept pointing to the crowd, then pointing to the speaker).

Somehow he had manged to get past the "crack squad of savvy, motivated security personnel" that are always stationed around the stage and playing surface entrance. It was pretty funny. And I'm pretty sure everyone in the audience was awake after that happened (there was a buzz in the crowd; before there was silence and the occasional snoring sound).

We had a "special needs" talk at the next meeting about how, basically, it was OK to shun certain brothers even though they had not been DFd or DAd. I can't remember if they mentioned him by name, but everyone know who they were talking about.

As for singing really loud: I did that when I was exiting. It was my own little protest. I knew (a) it would cause a small disruption in the meeting, (b) it would piss off the elders (and everyone else too?) (c) there was nothing they could do about it. One elder did mention to me something like "wow, you *REALLY* like to sing strong, don't you, Bro. Quotes?" but nothing more. What else could he say? I should have less passion in my singing of praises to Jahoobee? I was setting an example! :-)

BTW, I have a TERRIBLE singing voice, and I know it. It just made it even MORE fun!!!! ;-)

• Preston
    Preston

Just think, those crazy people are replacing y'all who have left, and now THEY'RE doing the work that YOU'RE suppose to do... I hope all of you are ashamed of yourselves...

- Preston

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

One individual that was looney long before he became a JW was about 45yo and would jerk off in the KH. He would start to grunt at his seat that many thought was odd but could have been mistaken for a cough. Once in the rest room he would let loose (or should I say grab hold?) and saw one off before anyone else would go in. He was big, hairy, and ugly and would kick chairs and claim demons were sitting next to him.

He paid an unexpected visit to my house once and being cold in the house, just arriving home, I would not turn up the heat so he would leave. Unannounced he stood up and went into my bathroom and jerked off. I suspected something was weird so I scrubbed the entire room after he left.

How do I have the privilege of knowing all this? When I was appointed elder another elder told me he confessed to this before he snuffed himself. By By now.

I wish they had warned me so I could have better protected my family, but we know the deal "must protect the appearance of it all" S*%t heads.

HCM

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I did notice a few "eccentric" individuals in the JWs. The problem with these individuals is that if they got a lot of time in the field service they were "elevated" by people there and put on a little pedestal. The only time they got counseled is if they did something that was offensive to the elders. The problem with this is that you had to keep your eyes open and be aware of these nutty people so that you were not burned by them.

LHG

• unique1
    unique1

We have a "sister" who dances while she sings. I used to love sitting behind her. She also bobbed her head throughout the whole meeting and would agree out loud with the "brother" giving the talk.

Then we had a psycho couple. The husband made all the girls in the congregation (myself included) want to run and hide under a seat. He was just creepy and had a staring problem. His wife was just NUTS!!! I can't even begin to describe her, but I will try. She was always sick, to the point she would have to leave mid meeting, but then she would go home and go riding around town on her ten speed. One day in field service, we saw her sitting on a roof of a package store with a bum drinking some Night Train. Her bike was right in front of the store and she live a good 10 miles away. Such a FREAK!!

• minimus
    minimus

HO----I knew this fellow. He used to "beat off" demons in the Hall. Perhaps that's not all he was beating off.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    that looked like someone who has been rotting in the grave. Really creepy.

Wow -- That's the congregation Michael Jackson attended!

• FMZ
    FMZ
    One day in field service, we saw her sitting on a roof of a package store with a bum drinking some Night Train. Her bike was right in front of the store and she live a good 10 miles away. Such a FREAK!!

I dunno, to me that just sounds like a good time.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit