JW table at small airport

by Bryan 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Jeannie: this in regards to your latest post in this thread.

It seems to me that you are substituting your judgment for the person "roped in" in your illustration. That seems not only patriarchal but downright self-righteous, selfish and egotistic.

Under your operating philosophy you should go around trying to protect everyone from every form of harm that you perceive that will come to them if they are allowed to make their own choices in life. Obviously you know better what is good for them and should be allowed to make the decisions for them.

Well thank the gods, we are all in the hands of Jeannie. I guess we can all just kick back and relax.

-Eduardo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    But we can be bigger than them by our example of 'acceptance' toward other people.

Sorry, Puternut. I still don't agree. Acceptance of people yes, of destructive beliefs, which is why she is there to grab the unsuspecting, no! It is not being bigger than anyone else to sit idly by and allow others to get hurt.

J

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Well thank the gods, we are all in the hands of Jeannie. I guess we can all just kick back and relax.

Typical JW reasoning here. Don't attack the issue which is the fact that people 'do' get hurt, attack the person pointing out the problem. LOL

J

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jeannie's right. The woman's "right of free speech" also extends to those who wish to criticize that very "speech" or activity.

• Puternut
    Puternut

jeanniebeanz,

That's the beauty of free speech. We don't have to agree.

Puternut

• freedom96
    freedom96

First of all, I would be interested in seeing how many people, if any, have become witnesses because of someone sitting at a table at the airport. I would guess none.

I spend way too much time at airports, and I see them all the time. I have seen them a couple of times at a mall as well.

What bugs me the most, is these people are sitting there, usually doing absolutely nothing except talking to each other, and yet they sit there for several hours and get to count their time. I hardly compare going door to door with sitting behind a table where no one wants to talk to you anyways. Lazy, if you ask me.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Jeannie:

ok so this is the latest reply to your most recent post on this thread:

With regard to the airport situation. First, of all it is a Government owned forum so in that sense it IS just like standing on a public corner and Bryan is wrong on that point. (True the government doesn't HAVE to make such forum available in the first place, but once it does make it available then it isn't allowed to discriminate between who gets to use it.) So what I was saying is that instead of requesting or trying to convince the airport administrator that the JW's speech should not be allowed there he should either 1) set up another table with literature etc. saying why JW's are (in his opinion) a destructive cult or (if that is not permissible cause there is only one space alloted or one speaker permitted at a time) request equal time and use the following weekend or alternate in this way.

With regard to this forum, I am certainly NOT saying that you or anyone should stop groaning about the Society and you are certainly entitled to your viewpoint and expression. (even if not legally entitled I feel you are morally entitled to it). The Internet/WWW is a great place to find alternative viewpoints on everything. JWD is specifically designed/created for the purpose of "discussion" about JWs. That inherently means that there should be point and counterpoint, pro and con discussion about JWs. Unfortunately, there is and always has been and may always be a lack of Pro-JW commentary or viewpoint but that is for numerous reasons.

-Eduardo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    That's the beauty of free speech. We don't have to agree.

Yes! So true, thanks Puternut.

J

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Lively debate!

Maybe somebody should just set up their own card table across from the JW's, offering free info as to why it would be a really really bad idea to get involved with the WTBTS...?

~Merry

• moanzy
    moanzy

Bryan

I think your mom is with my mom having coffee. They are discussing how retarded their children are

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit