As a single woman she became more independant

by purplesofa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Throw your burden on Jehovah, quit your job for more field service? Who pays the bills then?

I asked the same questions MANY times. I was repeatedly told to let J take care of me despite my gut feeling that J helps those that help themselves. J DID NOTHING... as I fell deeper and deeper into inevitable debt I was admonished STRONGLY that it was all a test from Devil the Satan... to hang in there and let J be magnified.... still NOTHING.... I hung on like this for YEARS.

I finally collapsed financially and emotionally from the stress.... all "they" could say was I didn't wait on J long enough and I allowed the Devil to laugh in J's face and I borught "reproach" on J by quitting my pioneering.

Kinda reminds me of faith healers... when the person say they weren't healed.... they are the failure for not having enough "faith".

Never Again,

u/d

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You know I genuinely think that the whole lord and master crap is a huge attraction for a lot of the men in the Borg. They love the king of the castle routine because typically in their "real life" they have someone telling them to clean the toilets and make sure they don't forget to do the windows. Talk about a good ol' boy network, the WBTS personifies that. Give me a smart independent woman anyday, they are so much more fun than the ones that follow their husbands around like obedient serfs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am with you all on this one! If I didn't know better I would think they wanted to bring about your degradation and destruction. Such hatred of women! You know the scripture that describes in ancient Israel how a woman got up early, ran the household, etc.? Back then the women made business deals, real estate transactions, etc. but yet their husband prized them. So what is wrong with these characters today?? Why are they so threatened by a woman with a brain? I don't understand it. It must be a modern phenomenon. Maybe there is something in the water. All I know is that I was created an intelligent being and I will now allow somebody with his own issues to deprive me of my God given self-esteem. Surely real men would not be threatened by us. LHG

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

LHG, you go girl.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Talk about a controlling cult!

I remember that woman were supposed to stay at home with their parents until they married. Unless they had unbelieving parents or family that they lived with, only under those circumstances was it acceptable for sisters to be on their own. At my old KH we had two young sisters that pioneered, with unbelieving family, so they were advised to move in together and be roomates, and that's just what they did. Lesson learned.....JW's will break or bend their own rules to suit them, only the borg matters. Dragonlady76

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I say we turn the Dragon loose on them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Oops! I made a typo: that was NOT allow!! LHG

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If I may quote Simon from a few days ago:

The WTS is an outdated dinosaur. It's from the age of tupperware parties and kipper-ties.

Thus the attitude toward women. No, the dub view of women is warped, but the world around has changed, so it must change or die. I dont think it will change that radically.

Heres a fun statistic, In my hall 3 girls are in college. 0 guys are in college. Right now those 3 ladys are about the meekest sisters you could imagine but how long do you think they are going to remain under subjection to us dumb uneducated bros?

One more nail in the coffin. :)

• trevor
    trevor

The women members, or sisters, are not allowed to be in charge of the supply of literature to other members at Kingdom Hall meetings or give out the canvassing territory maps. Even borrowing books from a hall library, must be overseen by a male member. They are not allowed to deal with congregation accounts, decisions on decorating, or the running of any department.

They are allowed to be actively involved in weekly hall cleaning, though again this must be organized by a male. It is difficult to see how they can exclude women members from having any official authority or influence in the congregation, even in matters that are entirely secular.

Such an attitude would be totaly jumped on in any company - how do they get away with it?

Sisters of the tower unite - it's time to stand and fight.

• rebel8
    rebel8

About a year before I left the borg, me and 2 sistas wanted to get an apartment together. One of them had an Elder for a dad........he went on an all-out rampage to prevent us from even discussing getting an apartment. He forbid us even discussing it! He said we would get reproved if we continued to discuss it because it was stumbling the younger kids (ummm...we didn't even talk about it in front of the younger kids).

Around the same time, a group of bros got an apartment together, and there was hell to pay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit