What made your whole congregation laugh during a meeting?????????

by cindykp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Uzzah, freudian slips one might say lol....im impressed you admitted it lol

• missy04
    missy04

I do remember one particularly funny meeting when a brother was onstage demonstrating how he was witnessing to a fisherman and some other people in the park. The young brother who was acting as the fisherman started acting out an exaggerated catch, yanking the rod he didnt have and yelling in excitement, and the man walking in the park that he was pretending to Witness to decided to fake being real rude to the brother. It was pretty funny because it wasn't how the brother planned it and he had no idea what to say to them.

• VM44
    VM44

This was in the 1960's, it was announced from the platform that the Society had ordered new printing presses, and that payment for them would not be until AFTER 1975. The whole congregation chuckled at that!

--VM44

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

the book study reader pronouncing Ciaphus and Annas as Ciaphus and Anus. another brother who said heavenly thongs instead of heavenly throngs one newly appointed elder dropped the plate with the bread on it during the memorial sister mary fuller, a well endowed young sisterwho infamously sits in the front row, raised her hand to answer. To help the mic attendant, the brother says "Sister Fuller in the front"

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My first trip on the platform was as part of a demonstration in my Dad's talk on the ministry school about the importance of family study or some such nonsense. Anyway I was 5 and we had rehearsed this little scene to death. We were doing the Cain and Abel story out of the bible stories book.

So my Dad said to me "Nina, would you ever hit your little sister with a big stick like Cain did?"

I waited for him to hand over the mike feeling all smug and important with all those eyes on me and wide-eyed decided to ad lib and speak from the heart and said,

"No, daddy, I would only ever hit her with a little stick." I was mortified but pleased at the same time, as I must have done something right if the whole congregation was rolling around laughing. My poor Dad!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

The whole congregation laughing during a meeting..

Can only remember 1 occasion: a 4 year old who was drawn to the back, expecting a spanking, yelling

Help Jehovah, Help

needless to say it did'nt help....

• JH
    JH

We have a funny elder, he is a real clown and makes all kinds of jokes even during the meetings and makes everyone laugh... Really funny guy with a natural sense of humour.

But I don't go anymore but I know that he didn't change.

• Cellist
    Cellist

We had one elder who was always declaring that Jesus and the 144,000 were gaining immorality.

One poor fellow who's wife was pregnant with their first (unexpected and late in life), was given the part of covering an assembly talk on not having children. When he got up on the stage you could hear a pin drop. The whole congregation was watching him intently. Most had a little smile on their face. He looked out at the audience for a bit, then said, "Well! We can't send it back!" Everyone laughed then and he was then able to relax and give his talk. I probably didn't explain it well, but it was very funny.

Cellist

• atypical
    atypical

One time at bookstudy, one boy about 19 was reading and we were studying the family book. He read this paragraph:

Really, the explaining of sex need not be as difficult as many parents imagine. Children become aware of their bodies very early, discovering the various parts. You name them for the child: hands, feet, nose, stomach, buttocks, penis, vulva. The little child is not embarrassed, unless you suddenly change and become "hush-hush" about the genital parts. What appalls parents is that they think they are going to have to explain everything, once the questioning starts. Actually, the questions come piecemeal, as the child reaches different stages of his development. As different stages are reached, you need only supply the proper vocabulary and very simple, general explanations.

After he read "vulva", he said, "Whatever that is?!" and kept reading. The whole bookstudy erupted into uncontrolled laughter. The person laughing the hardest was his mom!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

The whole congregation laughing during a meeting..

Can only remember 1 occasion: a 4 year old who was drawn to the back, expecting a spanking, yelling

Help Jehovah, Help

needless to say it did'nt help....

Country Woman- Sad thing is I was just about to post that. But it was me going to the back, praying and grabbing chairs all the way. I recall them laughing. Really a cruel thing to do. I was always getting beat at the hall. Always..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit