What made your whole congregation laugh during a meeting?????????

by cindykp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cindykp
    cindykp

I only have one that comes to mind. A sister was visiting our hall from another congregation and was sitting in the back of the hall. She raised her hand to answer a question, but only had one finger in the air. The conductor didnt know her name so he said "yes, the sister with the finger in the rear"! Everyone just burst out laughing, and when they finally stopped, he says "I guess that didnt come out right! " Everyone started laughing all over again.

Anyone else?

• cindykp
    cindykp

all rightyyyyyy then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ahh...back to the topic at hand....

There was never laughter at any meeting! It was always filled with silence since no one wanted to be there!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Usually the classic "fart joke" when someone let a loud one loose.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My son was two years old and sleeping- let out a rip roaring loud fart in a tiny Hall, and didn't even budge or wake up.

It was hilarious!

From the asses mouthes of babes...

u/d

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well I was at one Sunday meeting and One Woman(NUTS!) in the Congregation made a huge racial answer. It got me so mad. Before she was done I had pretty much left my mind for the moment and turned around in my seat looked right at her and went "Oh..... My.......God!"(I was sitting near the front with the CO's wife behinde me) She paused everyone was looking at me and the younger ones I grew up with who know me as one to "NOT" keep her mouth shut were dying in their seats! The reader stuttered the whole time after that.

I didn't care! After the meeting I had people just starring at me thinking...There goes Satan. Well who cares they have always stared at me before it was just at my face and not my "Chest Friends"!

Brooke

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

When the WT conductor asked why we should try to apply what we had just learned expecting a nice cute answer and an eight year old girl raised her hand and said "because if we don't we'll all die at Armageddon"

I didn't think that was funny and it was my last meeting.

On a lighter note when I interviewed my best friend and asked what had made him decide to pioneer

He said it seemed a good thing to do while he was still full of youthful virility, quickly corrected ti vitality. I couldn't continue for laughing!

• Sassy
    Sassy

oh.. there were plenty of times we did laugh, I have to admit..

the one that first came to mind was when one of the brothers on the stage called on his wife, but by her maiden name. We all laughed since of course of ALL people he would know her by her married name (his) and they have been married well over a yr at the time...

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Brooke said:

"Chest Friends"!

Hehe, that was funny! And good for you for NOT keeping your mouth shut about that, thats the kinda story that makes me say YES!!!!!!

In our hall there was an older, ecentric lady who proclaimed all the time that burping and farting were natural bodily functions and they shouldnt be "bottled up", even during meetings, and she sure would let em rip ALL THE TIME, it was friggin hillarious!

Or the older guy who always sat up front who claimed to be annointed but was just obviosly loopy and would give rambling watchtower comments, the conductor would try to avoid calling on him at all costs.

• jaredg
    jaredg

ok this has got to be the funniest thing ever. i was young, about 12, and this new family moved into the area from hawaii. well my dad being the nice guy he is, had one of the new kids that was my age sit with us beside me the watchtower study was being conducted and the conducter asked if there was anything interesting about the illustartion on page whatever. so me and this new kid are sharing a WT looking at the picture and i whisper to him, "hey check out the butt on this dude". the way the picture was drawn made this guy's butt look HUGE. next thing i know this kid raises his hand, gets the mic and yells into the mic "BUTTOCKS". that's all he says!!! everybody looked around like "what did you just say". the conductor was flabergasted and in disbelief asks "will you please repeat the answer" and this kid even lounder this time yells out "BUTTOCKS"! this time my dad lost it along with most of the cong. my dad was still giggling during the closing prayer. i think he had to leave for a while b/c he couldn't control himslef...it was pretty funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit