What made your whole congregation laugh during a meeting?????????

by cindykp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cindykp
    cindykp

jaredg

LMFAO that is just too funny!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

I can think of a few.....

1. Several years ago, the WT study conductor asked from the platform "...name something that's changed in the Organization over the years." Me, being the daring soul that I was (and he was a friend of mine), raised my hand and had a big smirk on my face. He saw it but asked me anyway and I said "...Years ago, elders were voted in by the congregation. I think we should go back to doing that." Everyone burst out laughing (including the conductor). It was a good couple of minutes before he could continue.
    2. Another time, when we were doing a WT study on the trinity, the first page had two pictures of ancient triune gods. The conductor (different guy) said "can anyone tell me who the picture at the top is." Since I have a keen interest in archaeology and ancient civilizations, I knew the answer, so I put up my hand and said "...I believe that's Horus, Isis and Osirus.." He thought he'd put me on the spot, so he asked me "...so maybe you could also tell us who the second picture is of..." I didn't know the correct answer, but I was in a festive mood so I said "...I believe that's Curly, Larry and Moe..." Everyone died laughing.
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos

Often language slips would do it.

I remember in my first congregation a brother reading aloud the list of peoples in Acts 2:9ff and saying "Merde" (= shit) instead of "Medes"...

Or myself later during a public talk in a Portuguese congregation, saying that the congregation "é um porco" ("is a pig") instead of "é um corpo" ("is a body").

Minutes of giggles ensued...

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Alan Hood was a British circuit overseer and from the platform he suggested to bring him or his wife along to any Bible studies being conducted with worldly people. He said, "Don't be nervous, we always bring a flask, and if we're still afloat halfway through the darn thing you'll be lucky" or words to that effect.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

It was a rainy night. As the meeting was about to start the brother asked everyone to take a seat. This is usually the time everyone is talking and on this night it was pretty loud. The brother asked again. Everyone kept on talking. The brother asked everyone to take their seat again. Suddenly there was a huge clap of thunder that shook the hall. Dead silence. " Now will everyone take a seat?" Everyone burst out laughing.

• JH
    JH

someone farted.....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

At the book study group we had some characters who were always good for a laugh, the study reader for the week was reading from the creation book and instead of saying organism said orgasm...TWICE!!! it was too much for me and nearly split my sides laughing....what made me laugh even more was that there was an older woman (who used to smell) and she couldnt stop chuckling even when everyone else had finished, that just made me worse....the old dear was obviously still getting some...lmao.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

We had mice in the florecents one night that was pretty funny! Had a brother chasing a huge spider around the hall with a broom in the middle of the watchtower one week...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

While im on this subject another well remembered occasion worth a giggle was not during the meeting but in the interval. I was friends with sister in the hall and her family were great, in particular her little brother kind of attached himself to me and the other friends in the hall and would take regular pot shots at beating me up...(he was 7 and I was 13....i think it was a sign of affection anyway).

Well they had been on holiday and I hadnt seen em for a week or so....but Jo seeing that id got to the meeting ran upto me from the other end of the hall, shouting....GARY.....IVE BEEN ON HOLIDAY AND CAUGHT CRABS....how i didnt wet myself i dont know...but even now hes much older and well out of the JW's I still remind him....although not too often because hes bigger than me now...

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I've posted this two bloopers of mine before on the board but ...

This one ties in with Diamond's comment above. I was giving a talk as a MS regarding the newly released "Creation" book. Twice in my talk I referred to multi-celled ORGASMS. I was wondering why everyone was giggling. I only found out what I had been saying after I was finished.

The other time, I was school conductor. The Bible reading/highlights were from Leviticus. I asked the question, "so why is studying Gynocology at the Kingdom Hall so important?" I meant to say geneology. I finally just called the brother up to do Talk #2 and left the stage red faced.

One other time as School Overseer, I was talking about getting over nervousness on the platform. The two sisters were already on the stage ready for their talk. The one assigned is a very well endowed curvacious and sexy single pioneer in my hall. I was talking about controlled breathing and how relaxing it can be to take in a deep 'breast' prior to speaking. Yet again, I walked off the stage embarrassed.

Uzzah - steadying his own ark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit