What made your whole congregation laugh during a meeting?????????

by cindykp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I fell asleep during a Watchtower Study once. I started dreaming about something that made me crack up in the dream. Instead of laughter, it came out as kind of a "mwwaarrglemnnnnfffffgle" really loud for the whole Hall to hear. That made everyone laugh, even me.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Here's one.

The brother who was going to give the public talk was introduced as Brother Smith, his wife's maiden name. Done by his father in law.

Please note the names have been changed to protect the idiot, er innocent

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

My son reminded me of an instance which was funny, at least to us...

My ex used to rise at 4 am (timber faller) and by 9pm on Thursday, before the meeting would be over, he was usually slipping in and out of consciousness. One Thursday meeting, he couldn't take it, having had a rough week, and fell sound asleep.

The topic of the last talk was "Staying Awake in the Last Days." The speaker built it up big time and ended with with a resounding, "So then, Brothers. It is most important that we Stay Awake in these Last Days of this wicked system of things!"

Bout that time, my ex began snoring loudly!

The whole congregation laughed, which woke him up. He looked around and the whole congregation was looking at him. Everyone busted up laughing. Poor guy. He took it all in good humor though.

Jean

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Brother Longwinded was saying the closing prayer, going on..... and on..... and on...... and on........ My 2 year old son had had more than enough meeting already, and finally he lets out this huge sigh in the middle of the prayer and yells, "AMEN!"

Muffled laughter erupted throughout the hall....

GGG

• atypical
    atypical

I have another one. I fell asleep during the last prayer at a bookstudy. When everybody said "amen" it woke me up and I started clapping. Didn't live that one down for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit