Jehovah's Witness Oddities

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

@honesty: could you back up that claim about the "satanic ritual"? i've found that most of the stories about satanic cults are utter BS...

ok, another oddity:

we say, we are all brothers, there's no difference, we are all the same, there is no clergy. YET you have to show me another religion (except hinduism) that has so many different CLASSES as this society. yeah we are all the same, we just don't share the same "privileges", the same popularity and what not.

if there's no difference, why the hell doesn't a pioneer do 70 hours a month without the pioneer label? and if we are all the same, why does the congregation show it's best face when the CO and/or DO comes around? why is everyone so proud to have a relative in bethel, an elder son or what not?

"... and they lived happily ever after" changed to "... now he is baptized, stopped drinking and even serves as an elder in his congregation".

• pratt1
    pratt1

How about its okay for Dub parents to shun their disfellowhipped children, however if the parents fall on hard financial times the society will encourage those parents to go to those d'fed children for financial support. Not the congo.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

pratt1 I feared this might be true

however if the parents fall on hard financial times the society will encourage those parents to go to those d'fed children for financial support.

My parents have shunned me since my last DFing in 1998, but I am well aware that they have no pension arrangements having been self employed as a windowcleaner and housewife, they own no property and have no savings beyond what is required for their next holiday. My dad must be getting on for his 60's and retirement age although of course he won't be able to retire - he will just have to come on working and thats going to be kind of difficult as he gets too old to get up and down stairs let alone a set of ladders. I have two sisters who are still good and faithful dubs.

I think if I am approached for financial assistance in years to come (and I am heavily in debt myself thanks to being made to leave home at 16 and support myself with no qualifications so the answer would be NO right now) I might have to make my financial assistance conditional on an intense study of any "apostate" literature I can get my hands on and of course that they stop shunning me with immediate effect. See how they like my "house rules"!

• minimus
    minimus

You have to totally shun a person who stopped sinning many years before....For example, I knew of a 15 year old girl that was df'd for immorality. A couple of years later she married the guy. They've been together for decades. Yet she's still a disfellowshipped totally shunned person to JWs....BUT JWs can talk to the husband freely because he was never baptized!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wives of doomed unbelieving husbands can vote, buy tobacco, lottery tickets, and Playboy mags if ordered by hubby to submit to his headship. She can also buy holiday gifts, decorate the house, and cook the holiday dinner if ordered. She can't do any of these things unless her husband orders her to, though.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    she had no right to deny him his marriage bed

Ick. That is one of the most disgusting JW teachings. I've seen Elders apply this rule to recent rape victims, demanding the victim continue to have sex with her husband. It reallly burns me to even think about it.

• minimus
    minimus

Elders influence what's ok and not ok in the marriage bed. Tell your elders you enjoy oral or anal sex with your mate, and you won't be able to have special privileges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit