Jehovah's Witness Oddities

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

How about this.

A JW cannot read or view ANY literature / information that is critical of the "Truth" (as presented by the WTBTS), especially if it is written by a former member. Doing so is grounds for expulsion from the group.

Can you say "Mind Control?"

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

You can kiss your wife's face but not her .............

what? what? what are you trying to say here? :-)

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

If the company you work for goes on strike you can't picket but you can do other jobs for the union to collect your strike pay,such as clean the trailers or write up picketing schedules.To me that's the same as joining the army and only cleaning the barracks or writing up schedules.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey Eye Doc, good to see ya!

Ex-JW oddities:

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

You can stand up to show respect for the flag/country when they are doing the "pledge of allegiance" but you can't mime the words or put your hand on your heart.

(BTW I used to hate that part in school every day, I was ALWAYS made fun of)

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

to add to JTPink's...

You can stand for the pledge of allegiance and be silent, but you can't stand for the national anthem.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Can not say "church," which is understood by nearly all people as a place of public worship. Can say "Kingdom Hall," which is not understood by most people as a place of public worship.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    Lottery tickets are gambling, winning a prize in a promotional draw is not.

Yeah, I always thought about that one too. I also could never see the difference between gambling on horse races etc and investing on the stock exchange. On both occasions you study the form and take a calculated guess at the outcome but in the end it's a gamble.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We make ERRORS, not False Prophecies.

We make a lot of " MIS's," MIS TAKES, MIS UNDERSTANDINGS, MIS INTERPRETATIONS, MIS PLACED expectations, not False Prophecies.

Kind of odd in my book of oddities. I think that they have MISSED the meaning of "MIS's

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

My point is , that they say, you cannot make mistakes, only they can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit