The dim people

by Norm 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

The Witnesses are most certainly different from other religions,,,specious insane blood ploicy that has and continues to kill,,,tearing families apart by shunning....low quality life due to lack of education...mind control techniques used..and on and on and on......and due to these incredibly stupid policies we have the right to criticize them.......take off the rose colored glasses ustabe.

Excellent as always ((((((((((((Norm))))))))))))))luv,Tina

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

Although I have been quoted as saying "Some of the stupidest people I have met have been JW"..I have never generalized.

Farkel ---
    nytelecom1,

: I find it odd that someone would vent such hatred to someone who is "blind"...phrases such as "brain dead" and "stupid" really accomplish nothing..

----Oh, really? It got a rise out of you, or you wouldn't have mentioned it

I would hardly call it a rise...simply a dismissal...

Farkel

Uh, know-it-all: Norm has been doing this for years and years. He's helped countless dozens or hundreds to leave the WTS. He's an expert witness in JW child-custody cases. I find it laughable that you are giving him advice.

I never claimed to be a "know it all"..and the fact that you find it laughable sounds as pompous as a C.O. giving a talk on Evolution.

Farkel---
    ----What Cultist admits to being in a Cult?
    Hmm the fact that I deny being in a Cult makes a cult..If I ask a Catholic if he is in a Cult does that mean he is in a cult? This reasoning is like the reasoning of "Well it's the end of this system because people are saying it isnt"...circular and accomplishes little.

Farkel---
    -He didn't say that. Since you are so interested in "facts" show where he said that, in his post or in any of the many things he's written on JW over the years.
    Norm
    "The thoroughbred Watchtower idiot generation, the generations of idiots that will never end. "

now if i could only figure out how to quote without cutting and pasting.....................

• dedalus
    dedalus

nytelecom1,

when you post a message, there is a link that says 'use forum code in your message' just below the message box. click on it to learn how to format your posts more effectively.

dedalus

• Flip
    Flip
    Most loyal dubs ARE braindead. One cannot be loyal and intelligent as a JW and be anything other than braindead.

Farkel, I just want to point out that there are also the disingenuous, who may appear loyal but who are obviously intelligent and well aware of WTBTS indiscretions, but protect and/or market the WTBTS Corporation by calculated obfuscation of policy.

It’s the braindead Jehovah’s Witnesses who are the “bread and butter” of the organization. The intelligent controllers of the WTBTS make sure that the “cold, hard cash” the braindead “contributes”, is regularly “deposited” into the proper investment "accounts”.

Whether there is anything wrong with the above corporate procedure I will not say. Personally I object to the harmful effects of the methods used on everyday Jehovah’s Witnesses to accomplish the corporate financial goals of whomever is craftily controlling the WTBTS as I would the tobacco industry or shoddy tire manufacturers for example.

Flip

• Englishman
    Englishman

Bloody Hell, Norm:

Pure poetry old son.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Introspection
    Introspection
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    No one should criticize anyone for what they believe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What an utterly stupid thing to say.

Not really. If it said nobody should criticize other's beliefs or the opinions of others, that would be really stupid. I would think the first step to reaching people is through their thinking, and calling people who may very well have self-esteem issues and a battered ego stupid probably doesn't help. Then again, it isn't always about that is it.

Of course, the reality of the internet is that you're going to hear these things, and strictly speaking you are only criticizing what people has to say, because we only have the messages we've written each other. It helps to keep that in mind whether you're criticizing or being criticized.

I think I've posted this before, but for those who may not have seen it I present this link again for your reading pleasure: http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-0317.txt

"Knowing others is wisdom. Knowing the self is insight. Mastering others requires force. Mastering the self requires true strength." -Tao Te Ching, Chapter 33

• Flip
    Flip
    "...but I wasn't forced to become a JW

I was, Ustabee.

I was born into the "Truth". As a child until I was old enough to leave my parents home I was expected to perform and experience every aspect of being a Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now, as an adult, I'm resigned to learn how to unlearn the negative effects of the WTBTS corporate directives I was forced to engage as a child.

One small consolation though, I never have to say, "Boy was I stupid for choosing to become a Jehovah's Witness! And ...I only have my self or my parents to blame."

No, because of the multitude of indiscreations, the responsibility rests entirely on the shoulders of whoever is controlling the WTBTS Corporation and those who should know better.

Flip

"...I see dim people." - Norm

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Norm is full of do-do.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hey Fred,
    Yes, Norm was full of "do-do". He was probably very constipated. It was from eating from the table of the "Great Governing Body" all those years. All their "spiritual food" delivered in its "due time" over the years just stuffed him full. But now it has been excreted from both ends. Vomit and "do-do". Now Norm is not "spiritually" sick anymore. He is healed! Praise Jah!! So now he sings this song of "praise" to all the "dim people" out there. Hallelujah!

Lindy

• Norm
    Norm

Hi all,

Thank you all for your kind words, particularly Farkel warmed my heart.
    I wrote this about 8-9 years ago in Norwegian.
    I had more or less forgotten about it until 3 years ago when Kent sent it to a newspaper which to our great surprise published it. It was even read on a local Radio station.

After that I made an English translation. Of course I can only really speak for myself, but I was a gullible idiot to join the Watchtower Society, but I learned a lot from being an idiot. Now I can easily spot other idiots, and I met an awful lot of them in the Watchtower organization. Some where nice people, some where intelligent people but alas still idiots.

Those who have been raised from Jehovah's Witness parents are of course a whole different thing. They had no choice and it must be extremely difficult to leave the Watchtower, because it usually means losing one’s whole family.

Norm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit