My Grandpa may pass away tonight

by cindykp 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My condolences to you and your family.

• Scully
    Scully

(((( cindy ))))

I hope you had a chance to see him and say your goodbyes before your grandpa passed away.

If they're going to treat you badly at the KH, don't feel as though you have to go. It doesn't honour your grandfather's memory to let the JWs treat you with disrespect. There are other, far more personal ways to remember your Grandpa and the relationship you had with him.

Love, Scully

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Cindy,

I'm sorry, but I've been avoiding this thread. It keeps popping up, and I keep avoiding it. I guess it's because I know there are those that are so much better at expressing condolences than I am.

But I want you to know I'm very sorry for your loss, and additionally so at the callous way the Watchtower teaches its cogs to treat others.

Take care, and hang in there. You're among friends.

Dave

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I'm really sorry about your grandad passing away

I felt similar to Dave in the previous post. Subjects like this upset me and I don't know what to say for the best.

My grandad died recently and what I miss the most about him was that he could make me laugh more than anyone else with his sense of humour. I feel for you and I hope those at the KH can lay aside some idiotic rule and just show love for once.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Asa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm very sorry.

(((Cindy)))

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs cindy, i know its a rough few days ahead of you and i hope you get some compassion from the people around you.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

((((Cindy))))

• Forscher
    Forscher

I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I didn't find out about my Granddad's passing until about a year after the fact. They were not JW's just a family that had pretty much disowned us when my dad moved my mom and us kids about 1500 miles away and divorced her. Dad didn't even let us know! So I know how that kind of callous attitude hurts.

Just go and hold your head up high! You are there to show your respect for your dear Grandfather and not them since they will not allow you to share your grief with them.

You are in our thoughts!
    Forscher

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

So sorry for your pain Cindy.

Big hug...Cathy L.

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Cindy

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just remember that you have just as much right to be there, if not more, than anyone else.

My heart goes out to you. Hugs!!!

Curlygirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit