My Grandpa may pass away tonight

by cindykp 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cindykp
    cindykp

I'll try to make the religious story short. My grandma has been a witness for a really long time. My grandpa, catholic. When his mother was on her death bed, she asked one thing from him....To always stay in the catholic religion, and go every sunday like he always did. And that he did. Until about a year ago. The story is that he wasnt giving enough money to the church, so he was brought aside and told that his mother would always be in purgatory if he didnt give more money. His thought was, "who say's she's in purgatory now?" Then some controversy over a child being molested in his church made him sick!

So.........He decides to start going to the KH. He has gone for about a year now. When he passes, they will hold the memorial at the KH. He is not a baptised witness, but I guess they view that differently than other things. ?????

Of course I will go, but in all my dispair, I will not receive any comfort from my family because I am DF'D! Come and go like the regular meetings! I am just beside myself tonight!

Just venting all!

Cindy

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im so sorry you are having to go through this. The nerve of them telling him that your great grandmother is in purgatory because he wasnt paying enough money to the church, talk about emotional blackmail.

Dave

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

so sorry to hear this, cindy...

Jeannie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm so sorry cindy. hugs tight and although your new here you've made your mark and endeared yourself to many of us and i'm sincerely sorry your going thru this.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Cindy - so sorry for the turmoil you must feel tonight. Thoughts with you.

Jeff

• kls
    kls

Sorry Cindy, don't know what else to say,sad very sad.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I know its not the same, but we'll be here for you.

IPSec

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

I'm sorry Cindy! I will be keeping you and your grandpa in my thoughts and prayers. And if it helps, we're here for you anytime. I'm sure we all have lots of hugs and comfort if you need it.

• cindykp
    cindykp

You all have me in tears already, cause I have never, ever, gotten any kind of support and love that I have received from this forum in three weeks, that I have ever received from the KH all my life!

• kls
    kls

Oh sweet LARGE Cindy we are here for ya when and if you need us,,,,,,,,,,((((((,HUGS))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit