Awesome Pet Stories!!!!!!!!

by BrendaCloutier 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The feed-the-cat from a hundred feet distance went on for several months.

I think she had you at "hello". lol

I've fallen for this a couple times over the years. The latest model is Dumb-Dumb The Cat. He was quite sick when he 'showed up' at our door, too young to have been weened, dehydrated and running an incredibly high fever.

Took him to the vet and found that he was almost dead. Had I not brought him that day, he'd a bit the big one. Cute little twerp, and the fever left him a little slow, but he's got me pretty wrapped... Love my little dumb-dumb the cat...

Jeannie

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Fairchild

I have heard a few stories of strays showing up outside peoples' houses and not leaving. I think that they actually choose the person. Maybe by vibes or something. And you thought that the cat didn't know that it was you who built the house and were feeding it.

Heh, after all these years, I have still not figured out if she is extremely smart or just plain stupid, but I'm leaning toward smart.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cats are psychic, doncha know. So they don't have to be that smart.

Ps, my cat told me to say that

S

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Cats are psychic, doncha know. Ps, my cat told me to say that

Oh goodie! Could you please ask your cat what the winning numbers for the lottery are going to be this week? I'll share, I promise.

Lol, after al this talk about vocabulary, I've been really listening to my cat today. All I hear is whining though. The only words in cattish I clearly recognize are "Look mommy, I have a mouse for you, and it's still alive. I want to mess around with it a little bit, can I come inside?". She's got this weird sound which comes from deep inside. When I hear that, I don't usually let her in right away.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My cat couldn't be less concerned about lotto and stuff like that You know how they are, they are concerned about their own concerns and to hell w the rest Some cats are dim. One of my nieghbors has a very pretty cat, but it can't even open a door.

The more time and attention you give em, the more they seem to make wierd sounds. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually forget that they are cats and begin to think that they are human. They start sleeping at night, and stuff like that.

S

• fairchild
    fairchild
    My cat couldn't be less concerned about lotto and stuff like that

You've got to teach her priorities, my dear.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

I have a zoo in my house :) I have 3 cats 1 dog and 2 birds. okay, that's not a lot but we live in a very small 2 bdrm apt. so the cats are taking over the joint heh.

My oldest animal is my dog. He will be 14 this year. He is a yorkie and I love him to pieces, the only problem is, he did not bond with me, he bonded with hubby, so he could care less if I come or go. He still is playful, and after he eats, he goes and gets his baby, which is a little stuffed multi colored dog and he runs around with it in his mouth, wanting us to throw it for him. He doesn't bring it back, so you have to chase him down, which is part of the game. His only problem is, he's a territory marker, so needless to say, we had to actually purchase the carpet in our new apartment when we moved in because it was brand new and we knew he'd ruine it. Needless to say, we will be buying a carpet steamer in a few weeks when hubbys tax money comes in.

My second oldest is going to be 11 this year and is a female cat that is polydactil, which means she has extra toes. She has mittens int eh front. She's a moose of a cat. Not necessarily fat, just huge. I saw her being born and her petit mom screamed bloody murder when she was born. She's a sweet kitty, she's black and grey striped. She loves to cuddle and loves to sleep in my arms. We got her fixed very young, probably the youngest I have ever fixed a cat and she is still a big baby.

The 3rd oldest is a male cat that is the longest cat I've ever seen. He's about 5. He's all black with a little white. We saw him at Petsmart in the ASPCA section where they were trying to give him away. He was due to be put down the next day because he was unplaceable due to one of his eyes is shrunken and he can't see out of it. Hubby is the one who said, we have to take him home, they are gonna kill him tomorrow! So we did and he's getting much better about cuddling.

The next in line is our baby cat that we brought home a year ago Christmas time from my mom's. My mom is notorious for finding strays, getting them fixed and finding them homes. Anyway, she found this little tiny grey kitten that was barely big enough to eat on her own in the middle of the street. She had been abandoned or something and my mom took her in and a few weeks later I saw her and fell in love with her and I brought her home from Los Angeles back to the Bay Area in our car on a leash. She was a perfect angel the whole trip. She slept on me just like a baby. She and the male are mates. They chase each other and tackle and play and lick each other, absolutely in love. She's still our little baby as she hasn't gotten really big due to a heart murmur. We are hoping she has grown out of it, and I need to take her in and get it checked.

Then we have 2 budgies (parakeets) that I never got trained, so they stay together in a huge cage. They don't do much but squack really loud when I'm trying ot talk on the phone. The louder I get, the louder they get. The grey female tries to eat them on a regular basis lol.

Hubby says we have a natural food chain amonst our babies. Too bad the cats are all bigger than my dog hehe

That's it for Ash's zoo.

Ash

P.S. I can't see anything right now because there is a big fluffy grey tail hanging right in front of my monitor cuz the little female loves sitting on top of my monitor and dangle her tail right in my view.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I only found it curious, finding out that my daughter's 2 cats don't like men: whenever her friend is coming at her place, her 2 cats (both male) are hiding themselves. I thought they just don't liked him. Last week I had to be in her place when there was somebody to install digital telephony (and my daughter could'nt stay at home to get it done) the moment this guy came in, the cats where both hiding - only showing themselves to me behind a large coach - out of the view of this telephone guy. (and he was'nt unfriendly or so).

Now about dogs: I have 2 husky's (females), (for nearly 2 years now) they are both actually "speaking" to me. The first time I heared that "speaking" was when I attended a funeral ceremony - with the dogs - for their formal owner: this man, knowing that he was going to die, was searching for a new house for his "two ladies". There where severals who he met (and who did'nt get approval from the dogs), I was the 6th one who showed up and during the talk I heared a very surprised "look now, Daisy want to be caressed", that was the clue and I got the dogs. Any way, this man asked me to permit the dogs - for they were very sensitive - to say "fairwell" to him once he was dead. Which I promised. 6 weeks later I went for this occasion. On a certain moment, we all were asked "to stand up, be very quiet and think at Bill and what he had meant to us, for as long as a minute" well nothing special for me, but I was going on my feat when every body did so - everyone quiet, except my dogs: they getting on their feets start talking at once and after that minute, lay down and where very quiet again. Then we all had to make a final walk around the coffin. I forced the dogs to do so: I was pulling up to the headside of the coffin and after that the dogs pulled me out.

Whenever I told them shall we go out, they immediately went for the front door and they are perfectly able to tell me WHEN they want to go out with me. They even wake me very early - staying next to my bed and making growls, sounds in different highs (not touching me except with a wet nose when part of me is reacheble outside of the blankets) until I react and put my legs outside: then they both run downstairs. The sounds they are making has nothing to do with the normal barks of dogs at all.

I could write a book about dogs (mine in peticular) but that would take to much time. Lets finish with: they are quite intelligent and able to communicate with us humans.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

CountryWoman, your dogs talking reminded me of a dog I had with my last husband.

She loved to go camping! One camping evening sitting around the fire, she wanted into the tent. I told her it wasn't time to go to bed yet. This happened several times. Finally, she came over, put her paw on my leg, and gave a long string of vocalization that I could only take for a lecture that "I'm cold, the ground is cold. I want to be with you but I'm cold. Will you please get out my blanket!". Well, without further delay, I moved the carpet from in front of the tent to in front of the fire, and got her blanket and put it on the carpet. She said a mumbled "thank you" and happily layed down until bed time.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((( Fairchild ))) you've been converted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit